Burma Road wonky objectives

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Epperaliant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Burma Road wonky objectives

Post by Epperaliant »

So, I am currently playing Burma Road on max difficulty and I am hating every turn of it.

I just came from Winter War, which was hard but very fair with clear fixed objectives.
Now I have these ever changing objectives in Burma Road that require me to re-evaluate my entire strategy, including deployed units and their placement, forcing restarts.

Kawkareik Pass is the last offender and to add salt to the wound I really do not understand what's wrong with the final objective.
I have completed the optional one ("hold the pass" which should be spelled as "Kill X units around the pass", because THAT is the actual objective trigger.
I also have completed the 1st main objective which is to defend the central main town.

Now I still got "Re-Capture" that north-west town main objective to complete.
I did it with a sneaky Paratroopers attack, I got them sitting in the town with the Union Jack flying.
Still, no "completed" flag.

I thought I needed to spend the next turn to trigger it, but despite my paratroopers holding it among mass Japanese attacks from all sides, still no objective completed after 1 turn.

What is happening? Maybe I do need the fully raised flag to trigger it? that would be a first for me.
Unfortunately I could not test as there's no way the paratroopers can survive another turn.

BRU HELP ME LOL WHAT IS HAPPENING?? :D
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Burma Road wonky objectives

Post by Erik2 »

Paras need to stay on the objective until the flag is fully raised. I takes more than 1 turn (can't remember exactly how many turns).
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Erik2 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:40 am Paras need to stay on the objective until the flag is fully raised. I takes more than 1 turn (can't remember exactly how many turns).
If you don’t understand French ( :( ) , three turns are required :

Capture d’écran 2022-01-20 101658.jpg
Capture d’écran 2022-01-20 101658.jpg (176.61 KiB) Viewed 710 times
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Checked the actual scenario file.

To win you need to:

- Own the Myapadaing hex (not raise the flag, just own the hex) with either Brits or Allies
- Be on Turn 11 or more

Quite why the designer added the last requirement, I don't know. Possibly to stop people being sneaky and/or give the Japanese forces the chance to actually attack the hex?
Epperaliant

Post by Epperaliant »

Ok so I need to do it on turn 11...thanks, that was really a underhand trick from the designer, very unfair.
Epperaliant

Post by Epperaliant »

So, I took revenge on the designer:

In case you are having difficulty with the mission, you can see that both the Japanese massive attacks depend on a single hex giving lots of supply.

I managed to cut off the entire main Japanese attack force that was supposed to capture the central city (which I was supposed to lose) and got their entire huge army to zero efficiency in a couple of turns using a sneaky paratrooper unit dropped right on their supply hex.
Then I used a Gurkha unit to cross the northern jungle near the mountain pass and cut off the main supply hex of the secondary attack force that held my new main objective.
That got them into yellow.
After some turns of strategic bombing on the objective, got the entire force to dark orange efficiency.

It was a SLAUGHTER on both fronts, I basically turned a desperate defense mission to a huge mop up operation.
Guaranteed to work on max difficulty.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”