Cheat codes

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Orbitalcommand weirdness

Post by morge4 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:09 pm

Erik2 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 am
I turned Orbitalcommand on for a few turns while testing a scenario.
I hoped that running it a second time would turn it off, but no.
Restarted OOB, it was still on (cached?).

Restarted PC.
Now it is acting really weird, it looks like some heavy FOW is on for close-by enemy units while those outside visible range is displayed.
No, I have not been smoking my socks :D

orbitalcommand.jpg
I have seen Orbitalcommand do some strange things when used. won't turn off, FOW gets crazy, others I can't remember as I try not to use it much.

IIRC, when they first put out the cheats, there was a mention of Orbitalcommand possibly doing some odd things to the game play.
Then again, I might just be smoking my socks...could have just been a brain fart.

PoorOldSpike
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Cheat codes

Post by PoorOldSpike » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:47 pm

An OOB veteran once told me that if we switch #orbitalcommand on, it means the AI units will have THEIR fog of war removed as well, meaning they'll be able to see exactly where we are at all times.
The cheat is very useful when scenario building because it allows us to see if the AI are behaving properly, but I'd never, ever, use it during actual gameplay or I'd feel like I was- well- cheating..:)

PS- the cheat can't be switched off as far as I know except by exiting the game and starting again, haha serves you cheaters right..:)

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Cheat codes

Post by GabeKnight » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:23 am

PoorOldSpike wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:47 pm
PS- the cheat can't be switched off as far as I know except by exiting the game and starting again, haha serves you cheaters right..:)
LOL. Good one.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”