Invisible Mines?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Invisible Mines?

Post by uncajerf » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:40 am

All,

I am in Tokyo Harbour (as USA), and I have had two destroyers randomly blow up and sink during the last few turns -- and I cannot see any reason this is happening. From 10 Str to 0, instantly! :shock: What am I missing? I see suicide PT boats, but they crash into me & do only 2-3 dmg; I see other minefields, which I am clearing. I have seen (though not here) Kamikaze fighters that do about the same dmg as the PT boats, but I see no reason for what's happening.

Can anyone fill me in? Is this some kind of 'invisible minefield' bug, or what? :?:

Thanx.

JRR
uncajerf

"Artillery adds dignity to what otherwise would be a vulgar brawl." -Frederick the Great

Navman2854
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Invisible Mines?

Post by Navman2854 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:53 am

There are some Kaiten suicide subs, those are sinking the destroyers.

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:39 am

Navman2854 wrote:There are some Kaiten suicide subs, those are sinking the destroyers.
OIC! Can I do anything about them? I mean, are they detectable? I've started pinging, but I'm fending off PT boats, too.

That clarifies it, though -- thanx! :)

JRR
P.S. Did I miss that in the briefing?
uncajerf

"Artillery adds dignity to what otherwise would be a vulgar brawl." -Frederick the Great

Navman2854
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Navman2854 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Yeah, they're detectable but hard to totally kill. As many times as I've played that scenario, they usually manage to hit something, usually a destroyer. It may not get sunk if I've done some damage to the sub but get some significant damage done nonetheless. I try to use air to kill the suicide boats and ping as much as I can w/destroyers. Briefing wise, I don't remember anything about subs, but subs are supposed to be a SURPRISE!!! :shock:

uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by uncajerf » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:08 am

Navman2854 wrote:Yeah, they're detectable but hard to totally kill. As many times as I've played that scenario, they usually manage to hit something, usually a destroyer. It may not get sunk if I've done some damage to the sub but get some significant damage done nonetheless. I try to use air to kill the suicide boats and ping as much as I can w/destroyers. Briefing wise, I don't remember anything about subs, but subs are supposed to be a SURPRISE!!! :shock:
Heh... I think I remember something about 'Kaiten' in the briefing, but not sure.

Thanx!

JRR
uncajerf

Return to “Order of Battle Series”