Order of Battle: Winter War is out!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: Winter War is out!

Post by AlbertoC »

Order of Battle has reached the frozen lands of Finland!

Winter War, the latest DLC for the highly praised Order of Battle: World War II, is now OUT for PC and Mac!

Never before have the Winter War and the Continuation War been recreated in such detail. Developer studio The Artistocrats brings these under represented conflicts to your screens.

With a radically different terrain and tactics, gameplay has been greatly altered. Employ ski troops to outmaneuver the enemy on snowy fields! Cross frozen lakes to catch the enemy unaware! Launch ambushes in deep forests! Use mud and frost to slow down the enemy advance then lure them into huge pockets, cutting them off from supply routes, then eliminate them and capture their vehicles!

Take command of the Finnish army and resist the red tide as the Soviet Union assaults you in the Winter War, then take the initiative and launch an offensive to regain lost ground in the Continuation War.

A new campaign with 13 new scenarios, 90 new units, a whole new environment: Winter War revolutionizes the Order of Battle formula. Will you be up to the task?

Grab Winter War now!

And if you’re interested in Winter War, don’t miss tonight’s Twitch live stream on our official twitch channel at CEST 8 PM / UTC 6 PM / EDT 2 PM.

Remember: you can try the first scenario for free by installing Order of Battle: World War II and launching the Winter War campaign! Give it a try, it's free!
Dmurphy238
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Order of Battle: Winter War is out!

Post by Dmurphy238 »

I played the first scenario, it is fun being on the defense for a change and am ready to buy! But, I noticed one problem. The control flags are all black. I noticed this problem with the boot camp but fixed it easily by lowering the "Render Quality" in the Performance tab in Options. But that does not work in Winter War. Incidentally, I just went back in to Boot Camp and now the flags are just fine under any setting including highest. Please fix this, it is a minor annoyance but an annoyance nonetheless. Great game though! Make more campaigns!
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Dmurphy238 wrote:I played the first scenario, it is fun being on the defense for a change and am ready to buy! But, I noticed one problem. The control flags are all black. I noticed this problem with the boot camp but fixed it easily by lowering the "Render Quality" in the Performance tab in Options. But that does not work in Winter War. Incidentally, I just went back in to Boot Camp and now the flags are just fine under any setting including highest. Please fix this, it is a minor annoyance but an annoyance nonetheless. Great game though! Make more campaigns!
I experienced the same issue yesterday after latest patch (pre load for Winter War) and playing the free scenario for the new Winter War DLC. I have all other DLC and the original game installed on Steam.
After I restart my game all flags showed normally so I deleted my support question yesterday. I was not able to try out the full new DLC because I did not have my Steam key yet.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

The black flag issue is still eluding us. We've not been able to reproduce this ourselves and judging by what you guys report it seems to be very irregular :/ Any further information on how to consistantly reproduce or fix this is appreciated.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

adherbal wrote:The black flag issue is still eluding us. We've not been able to reproduce this ourselves and judging by what you guys report it seems to be very irregular :/ Any further information on how to consistantly reproduce or fix this is appreciated.
The only detail I can give is that I have the base game and all DLC on Steam. The only non standard setting I was using was the 3D tactical map mode instead of the 3D world map mode.
After yesterdays update I started the new Winter War scenario and the setting was still the 3D tactical map mode. All flags (me and enemy) was black. Not showing any flag/color/image.
I thought it was maybe caused by the map setting I used and I changed to 3D world map mode and restarted the game. After that and after installing todays new DLC I did not encounter black flags anymore in any mode. (Win 10 64 pro, 8GB, 2GB AMD R7 16.7.3 driver, VIA audio).
Dmurphy238

Post by Dmurphy238 »

My issue has seemed to fix itself. Go figure!
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Just a suggestion. You want noobs to have an easy time of things.

If I remember correctly, when I downloaded Winter War and went to click on it, it told me that I needed version 2.5.0 of the game (which I don't think was ever officially released). Then, when I "clicked here," it took me to the WWII game page where you can only download 2.4.8 which I already had.

If you look at the Slitherine page for Winter War, nowhere on there does it specify that you need: 1) World War II basic game, and 2) the latest 2.6.7 patch. Look for yourselves and see if I am wrong: http://www.slitherine.com/products/prod ... atformID=1

Apparently, as long as the patched game version number exceeds the DLC version, then you are fine; Winter War 2.5.0 loads just fine once the game is patched to 2.6.7 and, of course, the DLC does not reset the game version back to 2.5.0.

All of which is not going to be known to new customers unless you spell it out on the product page. Even this "experienced" player (yeah, right) had to stop and figure it out. :wink:
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle Series”