Burma: Quit India - Military Police

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

ColonelKurtz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Burma: Quit India - Military Police

Post by ColonelKurtz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:44 am

In the Quit India scenario, you're supposed to disperse the factory workers - but not kill them. How do you do that?

I've captured all of the workers barracks, but I'm at a loss as to what to do now - do the Military Police have any special powers there?

best75
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Burma: Quit India - Military Police

Post by best75 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:00 am

You need to push the workers towards their housing. You do this by causing them to retreat there.

The military police have lower combat stats but a high shock stat. This makes them good for pushing the workers towards the housing because they won't deal as much damage as you regular units but will still cause the workers to retreat.

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:42 am

That is right. Keep in mind, the workers retreat away from your units. Attack from the south, they run north. So make them retreat to a certain point into their barracks.

ColonelKurtz

Post by ColonelKurtz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:08 am

Hmm, they refused to fall back - they just took casualties - by the second attack, they were dead.

Maybe they need a 'special attack' - baton charge. Does no damage, but if successful, pushes them back.

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:40 am

ColonelKurtz wrote:Hmm, they refused to fall back - they just took casualties - by the second attack, they were dead.

Maybe they need a 'special attack' - baton charge. Does no damage, but if successful, pushes them back.
I only attack them with my tanks once. Usually does a lot of damage and if the coast is clear, they retreat in the direction desired. I suggest to quicksave often.

adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 am

What difficulty level are you playing on?

Also make sure you give them room to retreat. Ideally the only unit adjacent to them is the unit you'll use to attack, and it is positioned opposite of the direction you want to push the workers toward.

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:20 am

The Quit India AAR has some detailed instructions on handling the rioting civilians and demonstrates the role of the military police unit.

viewtopic.php?f=373&t=78427

shadowx
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shadowx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:16 am

Im also having issues with the last unit or 2 retreating. they are refusing to retreat even though they have a path to retreat. i hit them and take them down to 1 sp and they still dont move. how can i complete this encounter if the units wont retreat? ive been trying for an hour replaying the same turn hitting with different units including the mp's and the workers refuse to retreat.

shadowx
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shadowx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:31 am

well i got it done. i had to restart it and leave the "housing" hexes under colonial control that was closest to the units. weird but ok it worked.

Mojko
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Mojko » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:34 am

shadowx wrote:Im also having issues with the last unit or 2 retreating. they are refusing to retreat even though they have a path to retreat. i hit them and take them down to 1 sp and they still dont move. how can i complete this encounter if the units wont retreat? ive been trying for an hour replaying the same turn hitting with different units including the mp's and the workers refuse to retreat.
I don't think you understand how retreat mechanic works. A unit can only retreat to a hex that is under friendly zone of control. If you capture the house hexes you will never be able to complete your objective.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)

Return to “Order of Battle Series”