* rolls out the red carpet and starts playing trumpets *
I give you: Unit Navigator Order Of Battle
This tool is a web based application (you don't need to install anything on your computer) which allows you to browse through game data and displays it in an accessible format with familiar game interface. The application directly uses game data files from the game as well as interface components such as icons and images. As a result the application can be kept up-to-date with the game easily. Additional description is displayed when moving mouse cursor over various interface components. For example descriptions of unit attributes and traits can be accessed this way.
Here is a bunch of examples what this application let's you do that the in-game interface will not display (or not display properly)
- - compare any unit with any other unit (the exact difference in attributes is displayed)
- spotting range
- movement in tiles with terrain context (not just generic movement points)
- close attack
- traits of all units
- torpedo attack, range and cooldown
- strategic bombing power
- unit chassis (movement type)
- carrier types (what plane can land on which ship)
- required specialisations
- date available and expiry
- radar range
- cargo capacity
- and much more...
- - what is close attack (attack factor which depends on cover of the battlefield)
- compare torpedo stats for bomber planes (this is currently missing completely in game)
- why is this transport more expensive when it has the same stats (it doesn't, but the stats that are different are not shown in-game)
- is it worth upgrading a unit to a different unit long term (the decision may be effected by newer unit versions that will become available)
The application will use as much screen as possible, if you have a wide screen monitor you will see a lot of information on your screen. Smaller screens are supported as well, the display will adjust dynamically so you can use the application on smaller devices like tablets as well.
I hope this tool will help players access the game information and thus they will get less frustrated from playing the game without actually knowing the game mechanics. This is my way to support this great game, so I hope you'll enjoy using this tool.
Want to get involved? The application is an open source available on GitHub. For example if you are an artist and you want to improve some of the icons, you can find all the images in that repository.
Please let me know your feedback on this tool, it's much appreciated.
Also, requesting sticky