More and more resources to Kursk

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

More and more resources to Kursk

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:32 am

I tryied in all the way to complete kursk scenario at medium difficulty level but my force are hardly insufficient to make any challenge against tank shock of prokorovka... in my opinion you must set more resource at the start of scenario or as premium for conquest any secondary objective... 1500 RP more could be a good amount to try getting a victory here!

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: More and more resources to Kursk

Post by bebro » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:01 pm

I think the scn is winnable without extra RP, but yeah, it might get tight. FWIW I added some RP goodies in the last 2 scns that come in the next patch. But it's way lower than 1000 overall.

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:18 pm

@all: Well, I did finish on medium, but it was tight. However, there are some nifty tricks you can try to overcome the tank force around Prokhorovka. Bomb them with Stukas first, prioritise your arty fire and ideally keep your tanks covered by Stugs or other AT if you have them. I found that baiting a tank attack and then letting them run into my AT supported tank line the best strategy. Also rotate your damaged tanks out of the front line. But yeah, without Stugs, this is tough.
@bebro: It is not just the money between missions, it is also that some units or upgrades are slightly too expensive. Still had fun, though.

colberki
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by colberki » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:57 am

Stugs are really useful. My second round in Barbarossa and Oanzerkrieg, I made a point to add them to my core forces with great effect especially when OBB does not have defensive artillery support like Panzer Corps.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”