Order Of Battle - v5.2.9 - Open Beta

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Re: Order Of Battle - v5.2.9 - Open Beta

Post by uran21 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 am

Is something regarding air path being done? At least we know ambush will happen.
Attachments
AirPath.png
AirPath.png (607.05 KiB) Viewed 1335 times

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Shards wrote:Final Open Beta update:

• Shader fixes
  • Waffen SS II description fixed to reflect its effect
  • Tweaks to some unit costs and stats
(and removed Green Team from Two Bridges)
Played Stalingrad 5.2.9, works fine. Medium 22 turns win. Photo event for Gumrak is good, but those aux engineers need transport, otherwise absurdly slow. Resource situation has improved markedly.
BTW, winning strategy is to attack and hold Orlovka, but focus your attack on the middle and south of the city, then north.

bru888

Post by bru888 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:04 pm

terminator wrote:Hex Grid : straight line which deform. Am I reached of macular degenerescence due to age ?
HexGrid.jpg
HexGrid.jpg (134.1 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
I made a comment about this in this thread: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 72&t=81216 in that it may actually be useful if it is manifesting itself as an indicator of increasing depth. But my example was better in that regard whereas this one doesn't seem to be comporting with my supposition.
- Bru

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:11 pm

It is showing the increasing depth (it's not supposed to though :D ). This one is showing the sharp drop off from land to Deep Water

bru888

Post by bru888 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Shards wrote:It is showing the increasing depth (it's not supposed to though :D ). This one is showing the sharp drop off from land to Deep Water
So maybe it's not such a bad thing after all? (Grasping at straws, playing the Pollyanna, gilding the lily, take your choice of metaphors. :) )
- Bru

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:53 am

Almost forgot to post, finished Winterstorm and Operation Zvezda on 5.2.9, both work fine. Balancing is a lot better, resources arent as tight as before - I try to keep my units around 2-3 stars exp, also ditched all my Pz IIIs in favour of Panzer IVs. (Pz III upgrade path is too expensive and weak.)
Minor issue: In snow missions (Winterstorm, Zvezda) , movement speed is reduced for all except tracked vehicles. While I see the need for this, I think it is not right for halftracks. I mean, my Nebelwerfers, Panzergrenadiere and mobile AA are as slow as infantry on foot in the snow. Neither realistic nor fun gameplay. In Zvezda, I mostly went all Stugs and tanks since a fighting retreat in the snow is otherwise impossible. Still enjoyed second replay.

bru888

Post by bru888 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Andy, I've been meaning to thank you for doing yeoman's work testing all these scenarios in beta.
- Bru

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:37 pm

bru888 wrote:Andy, I've been meaning to thank you for doing yeoman's work testing all these scenarios in beta.
Thanks, just consuming and having fun. And the patch went live before I was anywhere finished. Lets hope it solves all issues.
BTW, what I wrote about snow slowing down halftracks too much applies to mud, too. I mean, my light infantry is faster now than my Nebelwerfers.

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:06 am

Andy2012 wrote:
bru888 wrote:Andy, I've been meaning to thank you for doing yeoman's work testing all these scenarios in beta.
Thanks, just consuming and having fun. And the patch went live before I was anywhere finished. Lets hope it solves all issues.
BTW, what I wrote about snow slowing down halftracks too much applies to mud, too. I mean, my light infantry is faster now than my Nebelwerfers.
Another bug in Krakov 43: Hunting the SU 122 with their switch ability (arty / AT) and getting the bonus objective kind of becomes impossible when you take them out while they are on AT mode. The AI loves to switch them into AT when damaged and an AT SU 122 kill does not count towards the bonus objective.
Minor trigger reset, I guess.

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Finished Krakov 43, 21 turns. Works well, except for the SU 122 bug.
I am on Kursk now and even though this time I had plenty of resources, I still opted not to go for Tigers. Too expensive. Maybe on a retry.
Another thing, the Me 410 has stats out of this world and is very cheap. Shouldnt this be a bomber, not a fighter? Cheaper than a Stuka, better attack and can hold its own against fighters for 95 credits?

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Andy2012 wrote:Finished Krakov 43, 21 turns. Works well, except for the SU 122 bug.
I am on Kursk now and even though this time I had plenty of resources, I still opted not to go for Tigers. Too expensive. Maybe on a retry.
Another thing, the Me 410 has stats out of this world and is very cheap. Shouldnt this be a bomber, not a fighter? Cheaper than a Stuka, better attack and can hold its own against fighters for 95 credits?
Alright, finished Kharkov on 5.2.9, medium, 30 turns. No bugs, even though I miss my Su 122 arty. Didnt use either Tigers or Panthers, Pz IV and Stugs all the way. Even though I was not as resource deprived as the last time, I still think some recalibration would work here, especially making the tank upgrades to heavy Tigers cheaper and the discounted Stug upgrades, too. Key to winning Kursk I feel is knowing the triggers and saving each turn separately so you can go back 1-2 turns if necessary. For example, I knew from my last playtrough that taking the train station would trigger the soviet counterattack. So I rested my Panzers a few hexes away from there and took the eastern and western flank gold objectives first, then I ferried my arty and Stukas and Stugs in position to support the attack. Even though that meant loitering for 4-5 turns, it paid off. Also, keeping your Stukas grounded until you have cleared the skies is a money saver here, still. If any of you are struggling - letting the Soviets run into your tanks supported by Stugs and heavy arty is the winner to the battle of Prokhorovka. Otherwise, they will own you with their 15 tanks while you are stretched thin.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”