Panzerkrieg: Rhzev Salient objectives

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

TDefender
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Panzerkrieg: Rhzev Salient objectives

Post by TDefender » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:22 pm

Why I loose the scenario when all the vps have been held or recaptured? :evil:

Thanks for any reply.

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Panzerkrieg: Rhzev Salient objectives

Post by Andy2012 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:30 am

From your screenshot, it looks like you havent fully retaken the southern objective city (Vyazma or Rhzev?). Flag is only halfway raised.
Speaking of which, it looks like you had high losses and did rather badly here. I suggest you restart and finish the scenario with better results and preferably no losses. This gives you a certain starting advantage for the next missions, which will be even harder. No offense, just a suggestion.
If you need help, just ask.

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by GabeKnight » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:07 am

Andy2012 wrote:From your screenshot, it looks like you havent fully retaken the southern objective city (Vyazma or Rhzev?). Flag is only halfway raised.
He probably temporarily lost Vyazma due to the paratroopers attack. But he DID recapture it within the 20 turn limits. As this counts as a "capture" event and the objectives are linked to an "VP count" trigger. It should have worked.
I think it's causing an error because of the "Ger holds 4 primary VHs at end" trigger being activated at "turn start" instead of "capture VP" event (coupled with Check Turn / "end sceanrio") or that the "check VP count" is set to =4 instead of >2 ("...at least 3 primary VP")...If he's holding just three out of four VP.

TDefender
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by TDefender » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:40 pm

GabeKnight wrote: He probably temporarily lost Vyazma due to the paratroopers attack. But he DID recapture it within the 20 turn limits. As this counts as a "capture" event and the objectives are linked to an "VP count" trigger. It should have worked.
Exactly. I suspected I would have experienced such a problem at the end because I found strange to see the objectives "red crossed" when the vps were recaptured (for both the two main goals). I decided to wait for the final release of the patch to begin the PanzerKrieg campaign and I 'm quite disappointed to find such bug right on the first mission :?

I'm a great fan of the series : I've bought almost all dlcs, more than 500 hours of playing on Steam , I wrote enthusiastic reviews everywhere and I continue fiercely supporting the game on Matrix/Slitherine forums but the number of missions which I have to move on using the dedicaded cheat because the goals are "stucked" are increasing... :cry:
This gives you a certain starting advantage for the next missions, which will be even harder. No offense, just a suggestion.
If you need help, just ask.
No offense! :) Considering I'm using the experienced core army imported I thought to move to an harder difficult level, but bug described apart, I'm going to switch back to normal :oops:

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm

I believe that you can't allow the loss of 2 VP's at any point of the scenario (the top objective).

I'd say that the issue is that the scenario should have ended with a loss at that point, rather than allowing you to play on

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by GabeKnight » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:28 pm

Shards wrote:I believe that you can't allow the loss of 2 VP's at any point of the scenario (the top objective).

I'd say that the issue is that the scenario should have ended with a loss at that point, rather than allowing you to play on
The "Sov own more than 1 VH" trigger should have happened then, if he'd lost more than 1 VP. However the "hold" objective may have been intended to work, it's not implemented as such.
"At least three" means "equal or more than..."

...and I said I didn't want to do this for official scenarios....*sigh*

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:43 pm

Shards wrote:I believe that you can't allow the loss of 2 VP's at any point of the scenario (the top objective).

Yeah, but that is the standard behaviour of the game though - scenarios do not end automatically when one objective is missed/failed, even if it is a primary one required to win. The failure markings are meant to indicate the player if victory is not possible anymore (when primaries objectives fail).

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:22 pm

TDefender wrote:Why I loose the scenario when all the vps have been held or recaptured? :evil:
Just to clarify: if you lost one primary early on (Bely maybe?), and Vyazma later it does not matter that you recaptured all as the 1st objective does indeed - like Shards said - requires you to hold 3.

It's deliberatley worded differently from the following control all at the end.

Bottom line is you can afford to lose one gold objective, and recapture it, but not more.

If you got a savegame of this I might be able to check what exactly happened.

TDefender
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by TDefender » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:46 pm

mhh it's a bit contort but now I think I get it... thanks :)

Halvralf
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Halvralf » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Aaarrgghhh!!!
I have restarted this scenario several times now (even restarted campaign) . I do get all objectives (minor and major) but my startegy seems to cost me to much as I can't afford to buy airunits in the next scenario.

Any advice would be very appriciated!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

/Halvralf
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

13obo
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by 13obo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:33 pm

This is definitely not the first time I read about this complaint. If it's not clear to so many people, then it's not designed well. Just change it to hold 3 objectives at end. Big whoop...

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Halvralf wrote:Aaarrgghhh!!!
I have restarted this scenario several times now (even restarted campaign) . I do get all objectives (minor and major) but my startegy seems to cost me to much as I can't afford to buy airunits in the next scenario.

Any advice would be very appriciated!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

/Halvralf
I'm happy to help. Just tell us what you are doing and what core units you are purchasing and we can offer assistance and advice.
(Yeah, theoretically, I could also post my replay, but I think that would be patronizing.)

Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:13 pm

13obo wrote:This is definitely not the first time I read about this complaint. If it's not clear to so many people, then it's not designed well. Just change it to hold 3 objectives at end. Big whoop...
There is always a next patch. Always.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:36 pm

13obo wrote:Just change it to hold 3 objectives at end. Big whoop...
That would make the scn significantly easier, and I don't think it is a good idea. As it stands now, you are allowed to lose one gold, but it's not only that you can take it back (as I hinted above), you actually have to in order to achieve the 2nd primary goal. And this is perfectly doable.

13obo
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by 13obo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

I agree with you on the "doability" part. The point is, the objective is not clearly defined given the complaints about it.

P.S. There are other ways to balance a scenario apart from fudging the objectives, as you know.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”