21 cm Mrs 18 vs 17K 18

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: 21 cm Mrs 18 vs 17K 18

Post by Shards » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:59 am

My Blitzkrieg campaign was a combined bombardment force of 8-Hex wonders, SPG's and Mobile Heavy Inf. Very much with the plan to take as little damage as possible on my Panzers.

Panzerkrieg has required much more muck and bullets...

95bravo
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by 95bravo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Or, as with all British military units, some form of parade was always required. Those poles are, smaller in size, the baton a Drum Major would use as he marches in front directing when turns and stops are to be made. Or if an officer was on horseback, to point out where the bloke's turds were so as to not march through them. The Brits are, and always will be, the civilized soldiers!

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:58 pm

95bravo wrote:Or, as with all British military units, some form of parade was always required. Those poles are, smaller in size, the baton a Drum Major would use as he marches in front directing when turns and stops are to be made. Or if an officer was on horseback, to point out where the bloke's turds were so as to not march through them. The Brits are, and always will be, the civilized soldiers!
Nope, ranging rods. Most definitely.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranging_rod
And yes, the British are odd people. Always were. :mrgreen:

Taare
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Taare » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:30 pm

i used to go for the mrs 21 before, but when i discovered the range on the mrs 17 there was no turning back for me :)
mobile arty is nice, but mostly only if they can be switched to at mode. else i feel they get way to exposed because of their generally shorter range.
oh and considering the cost on the tiny arty, they do still take up a lot of cp, for me paired with limited range i usually go for a bigger gun :)
Heavy infantry have their uses, they defend like beasts, but they are slow, and turn limits have really gone down in later dlcs, so they are too slow, with carriage they cost a whopping 5 cp!
I guess it comes down to playstyle. :)

PoorOldSpike
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by PoorOldSpike » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Taare wrote:..Heavy infantry have their uses, they defend like beasts, but they are slow..
Yes in a moblle advance we have to sport a few pennies for transport, but in a mostly static battle their classic position is to place them here like miniature artillery and give the front line infantry a warm fuzzy feeling knowing they've got their backs..:)

Return to “Order of Battle Series”