OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by Admiral_Horthy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:22 pm

WarHomer wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:59 am
I don´t agree that a Grand Italian campaign wouldn´t be fun, quite the contrary.
Of course!!! And/Or an Italian Navy campaign. I already have a half completed Aquila carrier... too bad I can't do the aircraft(((

Snake97644
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Snake97644 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:51 am

@halder
I agree, People's General was a great game. I would not mind seeing something of that nature done after the OOB runs its WW2 course.

Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Edgewalker » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Snake97644 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:51 am
@halder
I agree, People's General was a great game. I would not mind seeing something of that nature done after the OOB runs its WW2 course.
Agree

edward77

Post by edward77 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Surely the next step is to carry on where Panzerkreig left off. King Tigers, JagPanthers, JagPzIV, Su100 and IS2s here we come .

HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:53 am

Snake97644 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:51 am
@halder
+1

ColonelKurtz

Post by ColonelKurtz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:47 am

I think an Italian campaign would be excellent, and also the much forgotten Southern France Campaign.

richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by richfed » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:28 am

jdarocha wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:24 pm
I've read a few posts about OOB expansions that players would like to see, here are some that I am completely uninterested in;

a) The Blakans
b) The Italian Campaign 1943 - 1945
c) Battle of the Bulge/Ardennes (over done)
d) France 1940 (overdone)
e) Crete

A subjective list, of course, but there it is.
Halder
My desire is for OOB to have completed all relevant actions before it is done ... a comprehensive recreation of WWII.

calmhatchery
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by calmhatchery » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:45 am

WarHomer wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:59 am
Ruggs225 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:05 pm
I would like to see more pacific themed ones as well. Like a grand campaign style on the pacific. One in which the sea battles would really effect how land battles or invasions take place. Both for the U.S. and Japan.
A MASSIVE + 1 from me! A Grand Pacific campaign would be awesome. Morning Sun + Rising Sun didn´t really feel connected to me, and the 12 or so missions of Rising Sun didn´t do Justice to the "entire" Pacific war. But also a Allied Grand Pacific campaign would be great.

I don´t agree that a Grand Italian campaign wouldn´t be fun, quite the contrary.
I totally agree with WarHomer !!! Connecting between Morning SUN and Rising is too short !!!!
Another DLC could be in China until dec 1941 and then to the south Asia front !!!!

terminator
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by terminator » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:59 pm

I won’t make the difficult, I won’t refuse anything and take everything that comes...

tenor.gif
tenor.gif (210.8 KiB) Viewed 920 times

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:42 am

Well, something is coming, certainly ...

terminator

Post by terminator » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:29 am

bebro wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:42 am
Well, something is coming, certainly ...
Can we begin to prepare vodka (alcohol abuse is harmful for health) ?

rafdobrowolski
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by rafdobrowolski » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:40 am

Was watching "The Price of Empire" docu-series on Amazon TV, and as someone who considers themselves a military history buff, especially as it relates to WW2, I was quite surprised that there were theaters of the war that I had not heard of or really knew that much about! Italian invasion of Albania, British invasion of Iraq, British and Soviet invasion of Iran, British invasion of Madagascar against the Vichy French, the battles in the Horn of Africa between the British and the Italians... I would love to see some of these theaters covered, since I cannot think of a game that has touched them even! I love that OOB has more obscure settings of the war (late 1930's China, Burma campaign, Finnish/Winter War, etc.), which follow the trend set by the Panzer General/Corp series. Wouldn't it be great for OOB to expand into some of these other areas? I am still waiting for a good Spanish Civil War re-do that has not been touched since Panzer General 2, seems it would be a great lead-into Blitzkrieg (I know there is some talk in the custom scenario/campaign forum about this latter one)...

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by bebro » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am

There are a lot of nice ideas in there, no doubt.

FWIW I'd like to return myself to the Asia/Pacific theatre at some point, but I guess not this year.

None of that is set in stone yet though, so there's plenty of options still open :)

Spotlight22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spotlight22 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:06 am

Don't want to see;
-U.S.- Normandy-late war (It's been done to death.)
-Late Italians

Things I would love to see:
-Italian Early stages (Ethiopia-Albania-Greece-Sounthern France with some what if twists like in Sandstorm)
-Spanish Civil War (Definitely)
-American what if (American invasion of Canada, Bahamas, Jamaica, Australia/ New Zealand)- Naval showdown with the British Navy
-French what if (France invades Germany at the start of the war in Poland instead of waiting.
-Japan what if (Japan invades USSR from siberia instead of striking the US)

SirAllan

Post by SirAllan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:47 am

Well because other companies allready have make a game of a certain battle or campaign before, doesnt mean that Slitherine shouldnt make one - Im for sure would like see/play the Slitherine's version of it.
So I defently want to play both all well known or minor known battles/campaign the OoB way.
Cant wait for the officially western allied DLC, but thx to, mostly Eric, we can have a taste of it.
Even if Market Garden and The Batlle of The Bulge have been covered by alot of softwarehouses, I would really enjoy a grand scala of those two particulary battles.

terminator

Post by terminator » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:49 am

SirAllan wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:47 am
Well because other companies allready have make a game of a certain battle or campaign before, doesnt mean that Slitherine shouldnt make one - Im for sure would like see/play the Slitherine's version of it.
Agree with you provided that the known battle is not a simple conversion of a battle from another game but a battle starting from scratch.

Spotlight22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spotlight22 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Obviously everyone is going to have different tastes. One of the reason why I didn't like Endsieg so much was the lack of creativity toward the allies on the western front with the missions; to me it just played out like any other ww2 game on the western front really except playing the Germans, complete with the Battle of The Bulge push. Quite frankly if Germany was able to rap up the East I think they wouldn't of landed in Normandy but expanded their Southern France and Italy operations further, not to mention Southern Europe/ Greece.

Add to that I'm not really into 'late war Germans,' (unless someone can kill Hitler, that would be great.) Also the Endsieg DLC had far too many Defense missions imo and was too bland.

Other then that I've loved all the other DLC's so far (along with their themes) and have them all. The only constructive critisim I can offer is Red Star could of used a bit more pomp and ceremony such as have some soviet music themes ect. and the Burma Road campaign while excellent gets a bit 'silly' ahistorical at the end with japanese king tigers and jet fighters in Burma.

superhans
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by superhans » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:21 am

Seriously...why would you NOT want an Italian campaign? It is largely overlooked in war games yet included some of the most brutal and epic battles of WW2. Also from a TOE perspective it included a super wide range of equipment and units. Please devs...do an Italian campaign DLC!

terminator

Post by terminator » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:05 am

superhans wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:21 am
Seriously...why would you NOT want an Italian campaign? It is largely overlooked in war games yet included some of the most brutal and epic battles of WW2. Also from a TOE perspective it included a super wide range of equipment and units. Please devs...do an Italian campaign DLC!
What epic and brutal Italian battles ?
Last edited by terminator on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spotlight22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spotlight22 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:54 am

terminator wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:05 am
superhans wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:21 am
What epic and brutal Italian battles
I assume he means the Battle of Monte Cassino and the Gothic Line battles. Welcome to the forum BTW as I see this is your first post superhans.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”