Red star is so fun!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

ln1214
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Red star is so fun!

Post by ln1214 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:59 am

Personally I found the most satisfying moment in OOB is encircling large groups of enemy units, and in Red Star are so many chances for that. Both the Finnish and the Germans attacks recklessly, and if you have some fast BT tanks in reserve you can cut them off with ease.

In other campaigns of the game I can hardly encircle any enemy unit, either because they cluster religiously near supply sources and refuse to attack at all (as in the Pacific campaigns), or because my forces are so outnumbered that any encircling attempt would result in my own spearheads being cut off (as in the Wehrmacht campaigns). In Red Star I'm so happy with being able to ravage enemy supply lines and watch the seemingly unstoppable enemy attacks crumble.

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Re: Red star is so fun!

Post by bebro » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:11 am

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:43 am

It is a very good campaign. I like the variety of scenarios, from Manchuria to Finland and the Soviet Union.

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:55 am

ln1214 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:59 am
Personally I found the most satisfying moment in OOB is encircling large groups of enemy units, and in Red Star are so many chances for that. Both the Finnish and the Germans attacks recklessly, and if you have some fast BT tanks in reserve you can cut them off with ease.

In other campaigns of the game I can hardly encircle any enemy unit, either because they cluster religiously near supply sources and refuse to attack at all (as in the Pacific campaigns), or because my forces are so outnumbered that any encircling attempt would result in my own spearheads being cut off (as in the Wehrmacht campaigns). In Red Star I'm so happy with being able to ravage enemy supply lines and watch the seemingly unstoppable enemy attacks crumble.
Can you imagin how many chance to encircle the enemy you will have in next dlc in operation Urano and little saturn? 😉

GabeKnight
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by GabeKnight » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Erik2 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:43 am
It is a very good campaign. I like the variety of scenarios, from Manchuria to Finland and the Soviet Union.
Agree with Erik and the OP.
I've currently finished my second playthrough of Red Star. Very good and enjoyable DLC. Thanks! :D

prestidigitation
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by prestidigitation » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:52 pm

I so hope we get two branches, one for Mars and one for Uranus. It'd be really cool to have the option of going for an ahistorical victory in Mars or opting to play the historically successful Uranus instead.

Agree though, it is an incredible campaign and easily my favorite. The sole thing I dislike is the lack of a good fighter bomber like the Typhoon.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”