[SUGGESTION] Sensible numbers

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

nats
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

[SUGGESTION] Sensible numbers

Post by nats »

Looking at the budget today I noticed that there were some weird numbers in the vertical scales of the graphs - for the prestige graph things like 1233 and 2466 instead of the expected 1000, 2000, 3000 etc. Same for the budget graph - 6617, 13234, etc instead of the expected 5000, 10000, 15000 etc. Dont know why these strange figures are used. Also noticed that the budget graph bars dont seem to accord exactly with how much money I actually have.

I've also noticed other things elsewhere like showing reliability figures down to the nth degree - things like 78.56743%. Really these should be rounded to the nearest whole number. I think I saw these on the mission summary screen once a mission has finished. I would probably argue actually that the player doesnt even need to see these maths equation type things on the right hand side of this summary screen - they just look overly complex and dont actually mean anything to most people I am sure.

But I am sure other people will have mentioned these things, and they are the kind of things that are no doubt picked up later when tidying up for release.
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: [SUGGESTION] Sensible numbers

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello nats,

I've been doing some tidying up for the latest patch, which will hopefully be released this Friday. Please feel free to post screenshots from 0.7.15 with the screens that need fixing. We might as well start cleaning up things than waiting until the last minute :)

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
N_Molson
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Re: [SUGGESTION] Sensible numbers

Post by N_Molson »

This is mostly caused because number are calculated by the Master spreadsheets that makes pretty complex operations to determine values. But that's definitively going to be improved. For example, prestige is currently a mathematical function taking the cost of the hardware involved in the mission as a variable. This is going to change, because in some cases it is quite senseless even with "correction multipliers" that are dropped here and there :) .
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Early Access Beta Forum”