XML schema files wanted

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

blackarchon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: XML schema files wanted

Post by blackarchon »

SephiRok wrote:You can already disable those, either delete the xmls or put hidden="1" into the root element.
As stated in the game's manual, the folder for mods is in "%APPDATA%\Proxy Studios\Pandora", so I put my files there. I don't think it is a good idea to delete game files in the installation folder - when the next patch is released, surely there will be negative side effects. So I stay in "%APPDATA%\Proxy Studios\Pandora".

Also putting hidden="1" into the XML code doesn't seem to work. Your colleague Lorenz has also suggested this first, but after I tried it and it didn't work, he confirmed that isn't working as intended. This was only some days ago.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Do you know for which it doesn't work?
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
blackarchon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blackarchon »

Hey, I just carefully re-read your reply - Lorenz said to use hidden="true", which didn't work. But you said to use hidden="1" - which DOES work! I just tested it with disabling a faction and a technology. Many, many thanks! :)

To all other Pandora users: This means that you will have a Alpha Centauri remake very soon!
void
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by void »

Hello,

Just for clarification: "true" and "1" both work, it just wasn't working before 1.2.0.
Lorenz Ruhmann
Proxy Studios
blackarchon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blackarchon »

Ah ok, good to know - I haven't read about this in the release notes. :)
Anyway, thanks for fixing this!
boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by boulugre »

blackarchon wrote:
To all other Pandora users: This means that you will have a Alpha Centauri remake very soon!
Oo that sounds interesting. Is it just a cosmetic mode with the name and image of SMAC leaders or are you also modifying the factions starting bonus?
Belanos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Belanos »

greatUnknown wrote: Change tier="1" in the /technologies/alienaggression.xml file.
That moves the research into the mechanization era or research.
Or, you can keep tier="0" but change subtier to "1" or "2" to move it
further down the colonization tree while still staying in the colonization era.

As far as cranking up the cost, that would require removing producable="0", but
giving Vivian extra credits in the faction file

<credits add="128"/>

so that she can purchase the construction immediately while the other factions
have to actually earn the money if they want to purchase it. That would delay
them for a significant number of turns at the beginning of the game.
No, I don't like those approaches at all. First of all, I consider it crucial to get Xenology early on, and to build the Accomplishment, if I'm not playing as the TS. It buys me some time before I have to deal with main alien onslaught. As it stands now, I build a Former, the Xenology Accomplishment. a Trooper and a Colonist, and I barely have time to get my second city going before I start getting attacked. Sometime I'll even get ambushed trying to get my Colonist to the location I want to build the city at. So I certainly don't want to make it harder to get that Accomplishment if I'm not playing TS. And just adding credits is a rather cheesy approach to take IMO. I have no way of ensuring she'll actually use the cash to build it right away. She might decide to hoard it and use it later for some unit upgrade, or another building altogether. It looks like I'll have to settle for giving her the Drone then.
blackarchon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blackarchon »

boulugre wrote:
blackarchon wrote:
Oo that sounds interesting. Is it just a cosmetic mode with the name and image of SMAC leaders or are you also modifying the factions starting bonus?
Well the 14 factions from AC are already done and playable - only their diplomacy texts aren't yet completed (I really need writers!). Their start bonuses should be well known for all AC players, because I tried to be as close as possible to AC. You can downlad them here. The folder "Data" within this zip archive has to be copied to "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Proxy Studios\Pandora" (or "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Proxy Studios\Pandora Beta", if you are using the beta version of Pandora). Don't forget, this is only a sneak preview, so there isn't an installer. To disable the mod, rename the folder "Data" to something else like "Data_".
blackarchon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blackarchon »

Is it possible to define more than one reward per technology?
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

It should work. You specify it in other items to require a technology. We do that e.g. for the nuke tech.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
blackarchon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blackarchon »

Ok, I see that. My question targeted the attribute "reward" on the tag <technology> - my first impression was that it has something to do with the bonus the player gets when researching that specific technology. But what exactly is this attribute doing?
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

I think it's obsolete.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
blackarchon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blackarchon »

Ok, thanks for the info! :)

Edit: Is it possible that the game plays a research-specific sound file if a research is developed?
unsubstantiation
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by unsubstantiation »

I found that sublime text was very helpful in reading/creating the xml files for a new mod. most of the information you are looking for is in the Data\Core\Languages\English folder. however waht you want to do with your mod will strongly affect which files you want to look at.
mrowka
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mrowka »

Hello would it be possible to get a file with orders/effect/modifiers structure. Not sure if they specifly grouped by type and im fairly new to xml so i will just ask :D
If i would like to remake for a test my EMP to shot insted of blackout effect to shot <improveEcoregion/>, how to put it in actions so it will work ?

Return to “Pandora : Modders Corner”