Help w/Aquitae Sextae

PS2/PSP/PC : Great Battles of Rome combined Slitherines great game play with specially cut footage from The History Channel to create a truly unique and immersive experience.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

OldSchool
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Help w/Aquitae Sextae

Post by OldSchool » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

I didn't seem to have trouble w/this battle -- and forgive its spelling -- on the "Normal" settings, but after getting thru all the more challenging battles on the "Hard" setting, I am still stuck on this one fight.

There's some scrub terrain in the center, but skirmishers and lt. infantry aren't working well there, so I'm back to heavy infantry w/a mix of cavalry, but it just isn't enough; the enemy has hvy. cavalry on both wings of an inverted "flying Vee" of fierce infantry.

Any suggestions?

pgeerkens
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by pgeerkens » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 am

I select my best cav, my best light infantry, two skirms/velites, and my four best heavy infantry in the lower left just off of the scrub terrain. The aim is to kill the enemy general, but there also seems to be a minimum time you must survive until. My cav waits a bit, then scoots around the enemy right flank to wipe out his missilers, then the enemy general. It usually only takes me a few tries to get by this one, even on Very Hard.
"Even on the attack, the spade is the equal of the rifle." Erwin Rommel
Caesar & "Marius' Mules" would agree.

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:36 pm

pgeerkens wrote:I select my best cav, my best light infantry, two skirms/velites, and my four best heavy infantry in the lower left just off of the scrub terrain. The aim is to kill the enemy general, but there also seems to be a minimum time you must survive until. My cav waits a bit, then scoots around the enemy right flank to wipe out his missilers, then the enemy general. It usually only takes me a few tries to get by this one, even on Very Hard.
Tnx, but this didn't work for me, even when I switched to the "normal" setting; I manage to kill the enemy general, but apparently I have to defeat the entire opposition as well.

Even on "hard" I've managed to occaisionally rack-up a 2:1 kill ratio, but I usu. run out of time whenever I'm ahead.

Return to “THE HISTORY CHANNEL™ Great Battles of Rome”