Install Help

PS2/PSP/PC : Great Battles of Rome combined Slitherines great game play with specially cut footage from The History Channel to create a truly unique and immersive experience.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Flyboy23
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Install Help

Post by Flyboy23 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:43 pm

I have purchased a new copy of Great Battles of Rome and I can't get it to install. At the beginning of the installation process, I get an error message that says -

An error {-5004: 0x80070005} has occured while running the setup.
Please make sure that you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.

I have restarted the computer so it's "fresh" and made sure there are no other applications that could possibly interfere with this, but it still happens.

Any suggestions?

My computer is a HP 64-Bit Vista, AMD 9550 Quad Core processor 2.20 GHZ, 6GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card, I installed the DirectX driver that came with the game.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:12 am

Sorry you are having probelms. The most common cause of this type of issue is some sort of virus protection software. Have you got something running that might be interfering? Also, what version do you have - is it a digital download or boxed copy & if its boxed which language is it?

Return to “THE HISTORY CHANNEL™ Great Battles of Rome”