Page 1 of 1
Help please: Giants of Noreia
Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:08 pm
I have been trying to win this battle for ages and can't overcome both the cavalry on the left flank with the advancing infantry on the right.... any suggestions? I have 3 cavalry squads and the rest are a combination of light and heavy infantry. Am playing on the lowest difficulty and have tried several different formations and tactics without success. It's really annoying me!
Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:26 pm
1) You will need good missilers (archers and/or skirmishers and/or velites) to defeat the fanatics in the centre
2) Send a pair of cavalry around the right flank of the Giants' infantry, and in front of their cavalry, to take out their archers.
3) Charge some of your light infantry, backed up by all available missilers, into the river to fight the fanatics on favourable (to you) ground.
4) Send your final cavalry unit around behind the fanatics to get a surrounded bonus against them.
5) keep your heavy infantry in reserve on left and right, to deal with his cavalry and heavies as they get into action.
This works for me better than 50% on Very Hard, usually depending on getting my cavalry onto their archers without tripping theri cavalyr into action prematurely.