i need help on war of malventum

PS2/PSP/PC : Great Battles of Rome combined Slitherines great game play with specially cut footage from The History Channel to create a truly unique and immersive experience.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

dayday103
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

i need help on war of malventum

Post by dayday103 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:23 pm

OK im on the battle with the Greek and Macedonians and i need help because Ive done it about 20 times each time with different forms and soldiers but i cant beat. i even have had a full army of leagoniars and a whole army of triarari :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

pgeerkens
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by pgeerkens » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:42 am

You will need a completely balanced army of lt & hvy infantry, cavalry, and skirmishers, and perhaps 4 peasants to act as a pin-cushion screen in front of your army. Then you will need good strategy. I play on Very Hard and lose the weaker/leading half of my army to win this one.

Also, line up with a refused right wing, in order to force the main comabt against Pyrrhus' elephants & heavies to occur in the stream in the middle of the field.
"Even on the attack, the spade is the equal of the rifle." Erwin Rommel
Caesar & "Marius' Mules" would agree.

cifko
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by cifko » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Its not a good idea to sell your mixed but expirienced army to buy better but not expirienced troops. You should think about how is your army sopose to look at the last scenario from the right beggining. There are a lot of posts about how is other peoples army's look in the end.

My advice:

Mostly, combine 3-6(do not get over 6)cavalry units, around 6 heavy infantry, then buy some light infantry (I had 4 of them),
and of course around 4 javelinmen/archers (whatever you want the most, I had 2 archers and 2 javelinmen)

Return to “THE HISTORY CHANNEL™ Great Battles of Rome”