GBR for DS

PS2/PSP/PC : Great Battles of Rome combined Slitherines great game play with specially cut footage from The History Channel to create a truly unique and immersive experience.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

vicco
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

GBR for DS

Post by vicco » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:56 am

Hi!

Now that there's a CEAW for the DS, what are the possibilities of GBoR for the DS?

Vicco

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 am

We're not going to go back to this game and do it for DS but we do have a number of other great DS games coming out this year :)

Horrible Histories Ruthless Romans
BBC Battlefield Academy
Commander Napoleon at War
XXX Unannounced
Great Empires Rome - when BlackBean decide to release it :(

philr1
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by philr1 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Iain,

Thats fantastic news that there will be more games for the DS this year! Will any of these new games be like Commander : Europe At War because I've been seriously addicted to that game since I bought it last week! Is there any info on these new games anywhere on this site? Sorry for asking but I'm a new user so haven't found everything yet.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:58 pm

Glad you are enjoying it :)

None of them are exactly the same but they are all turn based strategy games. The closest will be probably Commander Napoleon at War.

If you like the game it would be really helpful to let others know about it - e.g. posting to other forums you use or user reviews in places like Amazon. Because it is a totally new type of game for DS the hard part is getting who might like it to even look at the DS! Many of these people discount DS games because nothing else on the platform appeals to them.

philr1

Post by philr1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:53 am

iainmcneil wrote:Glad you are enjoying it :)

None of them are exactly the same but they are all turn based strategy games. The closest will be probably Commander Napoleon at War.

If you like the game it would be really helpful to let others know about it - e.g. posting to other forums you use or user reviews in places like Amazon. Because it is a totally new type of game for DS the hard part is getting who might like it to even look at the DS! Many of these people discount DS games because nothing else on the platform appeals to them.
Napoleon At War? Where can I sign up? I want it! Have you got a release date for it yet? Maybe the summer (grovel grovel).

Sure I've no probs supporting your company and telling my friends about your games. I have told 4 of my friends so far to get Commander : Europe At War and one has bought it. He asked in his local GAME shop and they hadn't even heard of it so I asked a couple of my friends (a father & son) who run a games market stall in my hometown to post it to him. He told me he has just got it so am eagerly awaiting his response on how he likes it!

Hey Iain are you the same Iain in the credits who is the executive producer for Commander : Europe At War? Wow I've never known a company who cares so much about their fans that they're willing to spend their time helping others especially after a game has gone gold. I will have to visit this site more. Have been considering getting that Battles of Rome game on the PS2. Is that an RTS or turn-based game?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:06 pm

CNAW is already out - you can download it today!

And yes, its me :)

Return to “THE HISTORY CHANNEL™ Great Battles of Rome”