Bug fix(ish): If all skills disappear, try thig

Drums of War : Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Drums of War Moderators

kevin_something
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Bug fix(ish): If all skills disappear, try thig

Post by kevin_something »

Just got this game a few days ago, and am liking quite a bit. But I temporarily experienced what seemed to be a game breaking bug. I fixed it, accidentally... at least for now. Figured I would post about it here. So, I loaded the game today and found that all skills, active and passive, had disappeared from all characters, my own and the enemies, across all save games. I was trying to get a screenshot to post here but was unable to do so while the application was running full screen. So I went to windowed: and all of the skills reappeared! Bug squashed, right?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Bug fix(ish): If all skills disappear, try thig

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum, interesting, but not sure without saves or screenshots tbh
kevin_something

Post by kevin_something »

Well, you're in luck. The bug reappears most times that I start the game up. See the attached screenshot showing Tarshan with no skills and no skill descriptions. None of the other characters have skills either, and upon starting a battle, neither do the enemies. The fix is easy: just toggle from full screen to windowed, or windowed to full screen. Hopefully this fix keeps fixing!
Attachments
2018-06-20.png
2018-06-20.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 4364 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

sorry for the late reply, seems more likely to be a DPI issue maybe, with the other parts just hidden?

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum

but a report may shed some more light on it, as not something i can find a answer on from only now looking, as the tech section has no answers either, so something new to me

Return to “Drums of War : Tech Support”