Supply

In Frontline: Road to Moscow, players take command of the German army through some of the most famous battles of World War II, leading the mighty Wehrmacht on towards Moscow.
MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Supply

Post by MesaDon »

I have noticed that should you have an armor unit (for example) that is reduced in strength and is out of ammunition you do not have an option to just resupply the ammunition without rebuilding the unit. This has left units, with maybe 70% strength but without ammunition, useless (sometimes with over 100 supply points left) because you have to completely rebuild which would cost more in supply points than you have left. Therefore you have a useless unit and a useless store of supply that could have kept the remainder of the unit in battle maybe until a victory or a capture of a supply replenishment point. Enjoying the game but the little half guys drive me nuts :)
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Supply

Post by mboog12 »

That is an interesting point you've made about resupplying a unit. We want to keep the supply system as simple as possible, without too many options.
While I like the possibility of choosing how to supply a unit, this might be adding complexity in gameplay and User Interface and we will be divagating from the slick interface that we've tried to keep.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

mboog12 wrote:That is an interesting point you've made about resupplying a unit. We want to keep the supply system as simple as possible, without too many options.
While I like the possibility of choosing how to supply a unit, this might be adding complexity in gameplay and User Interface and we will be divagating from the slick interface that we've tried to keep.
You could change the supply routine to add ammo first and then replacement points if there is supply left.
MesaDon

Post by MesaDon »

Erik wrote:
mboog12 wrote:That is an interesting point you've made about resupplying a unit. We want to keep the supply system as simple as possible, without too many options.
You could change the supply routine to add ammo first and then replacement points if there is supply left.
That would be a great solution! It would solve partial units becoming useless when supply points remain and add another level of strategy.
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Hi there,
That is not a bad idea. We will consider this for the next update!
Raging Pacifist
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Raging Pacifist »

That´s a great idea, but the supply should cover fuel and ammunition and the next step should repair the unit.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I think the best solution would be one button for ammo/fuel and one button for replacements.
Let the player decide.
You may have a number of units low on ammo/fuel and you do not want to add replacements to any of them.

Return to “Frontline Road to Moscow”