Feedback

PC Beta
comradep
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Feedback

Post by comradep »

The game works well so far.

I'd suggest adding a scroll function for edges of the screen if that's still possible, to make it more PC friendly.

I ran into a unit lag issue when I moved the paratrooper unit into the hex with the green overlay in the second scenario. It moved into the hex only very slowly, and it also lagged at one point after that. I'll see if it's reproducable.

I guess historical accuracy is on the light side for balance reasons, which is fine for such a title.
OxygeneIV
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Feedback

Post by OxygeneIV »

Hi!

Suggestions:
- right click for closing the supply menue
- undo
- hotkey for supply
- hotkey for next unit
- manual is missing (matrix catalog 2006 instead)
Ivan Bajlo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Ivan Bajlo »

Suggestions:
- word "Tap" should probably be changed to "Click" :wink:
- sound volume and resolution I presume will be adjustable in final release
- mouse cursor should be able to move screen without the need to press left button
- is there a turn limit? If there is it should probably be visible
- right click to deselect unit
- APCR cannot be activated after moving unit
- Escape (on keyboard) should open/close menu

Also agree with OxygeneIV suggestions:
- right click should cancel supply
- undo button
- next unit button to make sure we gave orders to all units
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

So far I haven't had any issues. (1 hour of play)

I like the changing music. The graphics are clean, and the units are easy to identify. The unit stats seem to fit results of the battles.

I suppose that the maps get bigger as you progress the campaign.
comradep

Post by comradep »

jnpoint: I'm now at Rzhev/Vyazma and the maps are getting bigger.

It's not always clear where you can or can't move and FOW doesn't always go away as you move into an unexplored area. This happens primarily at the map edges.

Overall, I like the game. Some ahistorical units, but I guess that suits the rock, paper, scissors playstyle.

Entrenched enemy units don't move out of their entrenchment in many cases, so you can kill them with artillery or tanks. It's gamey in a way, but in some maps you don't really have the resources to go toe to toe with every enemy unit.
Last edited by comradep on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happycat
Strategic Command 3 Moderator
Strategic Command 3 Moderator

Post by Happycat »

First impressions are everything in life and in gaming, and FRtM makes a very good impression indeed. Good tutorial/tip mechanism, fairly intuitive interface and nice graphics. I agree with those who have said that an undo button and scrollable map edges would be nice.

Overall, the game is fun and addictive. I downloaded it before midnight my time (Atlantic Canada) and am just packing it in now (2:40 a.m.).
Chance favours the prepared mind.
do335b6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by do335b6 »

Game runs better on the PC than on my ipad. does the screen scroll? If so haven't been able to get it to do so.
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

do335b6 wrote:Game runs better on the PC than on my ipad. does the screen scroll? If so haven't been able to get it to do so.
To scroll the screen you have to hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse.
wolfpinguin
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by wolfpinguin »

The game works well so far.

Here my suggestions :

- adding a scroll function for edges of the screen to make it more PC friendly
- had the same issue as comrade quote :”I ran into a unit lag issue when I moved the paratrooper unit into the hex with the green overlay in the second scenario. It moved into the hex only very slowly, and it also lagged at one point after that.
- right click for closing the supply menu
- undo button would be interesting
- hotkey for supply
- hotkey for next unit
- manual is missing (give the matrix catalog 2006 instead)
- right click to deselect unit
- Esc(on keyboard) for the main menu
- the unit info menu is too big, sometimes it doesn’t show completely on the screen without scrolling or the covers the unit(s) underneath
RES NON VERBA
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

I miss the possibility to see, visually, the fire range of an enemy unit. Right now I'm counting the hexes, and it's not that fun in the long view.
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

I've finished the campaign, I think? I can't engage Moscow although all the other cities are conquered. The last one was Leningrad. Am I missing something or is it a bug or...?
wolfpinguin
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by wolfpinguin »

jnpoint wrote:I've finished the campaign, I think? I can't engage Moscow although all the other cities are conquered. The last one was Leningrad. Am I missing something or is it a bug or...?
I did click on act 2 and act 3 without paying anything(i guess :? ) and got more battles
RES NON VERBA
do335b6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by do335b6 »

The scroll issue is not bad just annoying. Played through several scenarios and play value is good, a bit confused on what units you take from battle to battle plus some battles from much later appear available in 1941.
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

wolfpinguin wrote:
jnpoint wrote:I've finished the campaign, I think? I can't engage Moscow although all the other cities are conquered. The last one was Leningrad. Am I missing something or is it a bug or...?
I did click on act 2 and act 3 without paying anything(i guess :? ) and got more battles
You're right. I thought it wasn't possible and didn't try at all. Thanks for the information.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Tamas »

Yep, sorry, it was not made clear that you can just click on Acts 2 and 3 to proceed.

Thank you all for your feedback, they are very useful!
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

Hello guys,
Thank you for some really good points about the PC version of Frontline.
Most of them really deserve to be in the final version and we will strive to make this happen.
Kudos! :)
wolfpinguin
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by wolfpinguin »

Some new suggestions/remarks :

- save/load is available but there is no possibility to save more than the scenario you are playing.
- after loading the saved scenario all the conquered waypoints(green) showed as not conquered(red), by taking them again they turned green again but by earning all the prestige points again
- Is it possible to change the supply system? Instead always supply ALL, simply giving the possibility in 3 ways (all, ammo or units) this is better for the player to save some prestige points when only needing ammo or units

wp
RES NON VERBA
mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by mboog12 »

The conquered waypoints stuff sounds like a bug. I'll look into it.
rjh1971
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by rjh1971 »

Hi all, got the invitation to the beta program on the 9th of July, but I was on holidays until yesterday so couldn't do any testing until now, currently downloading the game.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for letting me in :-)
GG AWD, WBTS, WiTE Beta Tester
Time of Fury Beta Tester
Panzer Corps, CtGW Beta Tester
Decisive campaigns Case Blue,Barbarossa, beta tester.
SC WiE, WaW, WWI Beta Tester
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

The AI units seem to activate when the player units get at a certain range, meanwhile the stay frozen. This keeps me thinking of all the opportunities missed by the AI to crush the player. I know the limits to the AI programming but a way to reduce this feeling could be to introduce fow into the game. If the AI doesn't move its units it should at least entrench them.

In the Kursk scenario the AI does nothing to recapture lost victory hexes and Prokhorovka is ungarrisoned, I was at the brink of losing the scenario when ran out of supply but managed to take Prokhorovka just by rushing my last 4 very weaken units towards it.

When the AI finishes its turn a German flag gets displayed but it lasts very little time, could you increment this to two/three seconds with the possibility to cancel the display if the mouse is clicked. Btw this same issue happens in the iPad version as well.

When a unit fires (without first moving) it is automatically deselected by the interface, can it be made so you don't have to select it again to be moved.

The lower left display log is not showing any reports unlike the iPad version.

Why doesn't the Elephant TD never get initiative, is it by design and only proper tanks get initiative or a bug?

When supplying/reinforcing units many times has happened to me that by mistake wanting to select the next unit I instead resupply/reinforce it, can it be made so we have to click on supply again before actually reinforcing/supplying a second unit.

Why do AT infantry start with a force of 8 and when reinforced can reach a force of 10?
GG AWD, WBTS, WiTE Beta Tester
Time of Fury Beta Tester
Panzer Corps, CtGW Beta Tester
Decisive campaigns Case Blue,Barbarossa, beta tester.
SC WiE, WaW, WWI Beta Tester

Return to “PC Beta”