Commanding officer, and pikes in charge position

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

scrofulus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Commanding officer, and pikes in charge position

Post by scrofulus »

First impressions of the game are that this is going to be a hot favourite, I've already dug out my ECW and renaissance books to read up about and hopefully recreate some battles.

I like the look of the units, large blocks of men as opposed to a few figures representing a regiment.

I think it would add a lot to the flavour and to the look compared to old illustations if there was a little group showing the commander (often a king after all) with his banners, plus entourage, hangers-on, messengers, heralds etc.

Also, when units come to 'push of pike' it woud be good to see the pikes levelled, or in charge postion when cavalry are nearby.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Commanding officer, and pikes in charge position

Post by rbodleyscott »

Thanks for your suggestions which we take on board for consideration for future updates.
Richard Bodley Scott

Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adebar »

scrofulus wrote: I think it would add a lot to the flavour and to the look compared to old illustations if there was a little group showing the commander (often a king after all) with his banners, plus entourage, hangers-on, messengers, heralds etc.
Very nice idea! Apart from the eye candy it could add some more gameplay possibilities: Loose leader - heavy blow to army morale, or even loose the battle.

IC XC
NI KA
Steiner37
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Steiner37 »

It is aestetic but it will be also interesting to have corpses and horsed on the field after a volley of shots or an impact/melee combat.
KenPortner
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KenPortner »

And if you're taking a wish list, how about different graphics for routing units and units, a mass of men fleeing. Also, don't like the way a unit that's dispersed sinks into the ground.

Also, the musket fire sounds a lot like the small arms fire in the Battle Academy games. . ....

Otherwise, it's great. It's what the FoG games should have been. Looking forward to add-ons, expansions, etc.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

KenPortner wrote:And if you're taking a wish list, how about different graphics for routing units and units, a mass of men fleeing. Also, don't like the way a unit that's dispersed sinks into the ground.

Different graphics for routed units came up in the beta, however the current stubb engine isn't capable of having multiple graphics for a unit Maybe someday? I think the sinking unit might thing is again what the stubb engine does. Better would to be to have corpses :)
Adebar

Post by Adebar »

KenPortner wrote:It's what the FoG games should have been.
Couldn't agree more. FoG was a big dissapointment for me, very annoying. Sweared to ignore Slitherine titles in the future (no joking!). Glad now that I didn't. :)

IC XC
NI KA

Return to “Pike & Shot”