Axtorna Help.

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Confusedesh
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Axtorna Help.

Post by Confusedesh » Fri May 15, 2015 11:23 am

How in the name of God do you win this battle, playing only on Normal (Sergeant Major General) and usually after 2 or 3 tries I can figure out something to do but not this time.

Confusedesh
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Axtorna Help.

Post by Confusedesh » Fri May 15, 2015 1:29 pm

Think I figured it out, remain on the defensive and invite them to attack you, just got to 58% with a bit of luck should be able to get the 60%.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri May 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Confusedesh wrote:Think I figured it out, remain on the defensive and invite them to attack you, just got to 58% with a bit of luck should be able to get the 60%.
Hmm, well when testing it I won by attacking all out. (Mainly to avoid being shot to pieces by the massed Swedish artillery).

But there is usually more than one way of winning each scenario.

Avoid the rough ground.
Richard Bodley Scott

Confusedesh
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Confusedesh » Fri May 15, 2015 10:31 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Confusedesh wrote:Think I figured it out, remain on the defensive and invite them to attack you, just got to 58% with a bit of luck should be able to get the 60%.
Hmm, well when testing it I won by attacking all out. (Mainly to avoid being shot to pieces by the massed Swedish artillery).

But there is usually more than one way of winning each scenario.

Avoid the rough ground.
Remained on the defensive a second time and won relatively easy, four battles further down the road now.

This is one addictive game I hope there is more in the pipeline?

I will ask again but I suppose there is no hope of a Grand campaign? It seems a shame not to have these tactical battles in some sort of strategic setting or context.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Fri May 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Confusedesh wrote: I will ask again but I suppose there is no hope of a Grand campaign? It seems a shame not to have these tactical battles in some sort of strategic setting or context.
There's always hope.
Richard Bodley Scott

Confusedesh
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Confusedesh » Fri May 15, 2015 11:20 pm

rbodleyscott wrote:
Confusedesh wrote: I will ask again but I suppose there is no hope of a Grand campaign? It seems a shame not to have these tactical battles in some sort of strategic setting or context.
There's always hope.
Well lets hope then. :)

Return to “Pike & Shot”