The Battle of Lepanto mod is out!

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

The Battle of Lepanto mod is out!

Post by AlbertoC »

Pike and Shot has been expanded ever since release, with 'official' DLCs, but even more with expansions and mods created by the passionate community around it.

Today we want to do a shout out in particular for jomni, the creator of this fantastic mod and developer of Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun.

For the first time ever in Pike & Shot: Campaigns this new user-created content lets you play naval battles set around one of the most crucial clashes of the 16th century.
Download it to experience the iconic naval battle between Christianity and the Ottoman Empire, trying out new game features specifically designed for this scenario! Command galleys, galleasses and galiots in an epic battle which will determine the fate of the Mediterranean Sea.

You can check the store page here.

Unfortunately this mod only works with "Pike and Shot: Campaigns", not with the older "Pike and Shot". This unfortunately means it is not available on iPad. This is outside our control.
DerGrenadier89
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: The Battle of Lepanto mod is out!

Post by DerGrenadier89 »

Great news, but I dont see where I can download it. Neither here nor ingame.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Seydlitz wrote:Great news, but I dont see where I can download it. Neither here nor ingame.
You can download it in game for "Pike and Shot:Campaigns" but unfortunately not for "Pike and Shot". This is because its scripts use functions that are not in the "Pike and Shot" .EXE file and hence crash the program.

Unfortunately this means that the Lepanto mod is not available for iPad. (This is the result of Apple's decision not to allow 32-bit programs to be updated).
Richard Bodley Scott

awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

Greetings,

I've tried to set up a multiplayer game, my opponent has accepted then when I try to do the deployment stage it sends a message about screen error in C;Users/Andre etc

highest obstacle type=Max(HighestObstacletype,IsTileEdgeReallyDefensibleobstacle(x,y,x+1,y)) then the same but (x,y,x-1,y)

yes or no......can only answer no and then I get sent back to game menu.

Sorry I don't know how to copy the message.

Has anyone else played the multiplayer successfully? We don't want to play the single player game first as we want to both be unsure what is going to happen.

Do I just delete and reload the mod?

Andre
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

I have got it to work. Needed to download the latest upgrade for the game.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

awesum4 wrote:I have got it to work. Needed to download the latest upgrade for the game.
Always wise, as sometimes new functions are added to the .EXE. Scripts that use these functions will not work with older versions of the .EXE.
Richard Bodley Scott

awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Richard,

thanks, can I please bring up something here; there is an ECW campaign running in the tournaments and leagues section, there is a common thread and a thread for each side. Would it be possible to grant access to those threads only to players on that side. This was done for the Behemoth campaign.

Thanks, and sorry for posting this in the wrong section of the site,

Andre
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

awesum4 wrote:Richard,

thanks, can I please bring up something here; there is an ECW campaign running in the tournaments and leagues section, there is a common thread and a thread for each side. Would it be possible to grant access to those threads only to players on that side. This was done for the Behemoth campaign.
I will need a list of the players usernames for each side, so I can ask the web manager to set this up. (I did ask once already, but I suspect we had insufficient information to proceed).
Richard Bodley Scott

awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

Richard, the players are;

For Royalists
Doley50
TGM
Awesum4
BrentBJ
Lascar
Kelen2
Youngr
Damatrois
Kingi

for Parliament
Warlord
Snugglebunnies
Ianiow
Kerry D
LFDLM
Iandavidsmith
Seaport
Ulysisgrunt
Triarius

Thanks for your help in this,

Andre
Yggdrassil
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Yggdrassil »

Sorry, it might be my rudimentary computer skills, but I can't find the download option for this. Is it supposed to be in the "Historical Battles" download section? If yes, is it under "Single player Scenatios" or Multiplayer?

In any event, I can't find this scenario in either screen.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Yggdrassil wrote:Sorry, it might be my rudimentary computer skills, but I can't find the download option for this. Is it supposed to be in the "Historical Battles" download section? If yes, is it under "Single player Scenatios" or Multiplayer?

In any event, I can't find this scenario in either screen.
It is only available for Pike and Shot Campaigns, because it uses some functions that are not in the Pike and Shot .EXE.
Richard Bodley Scott

smjohnso77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Lepanto style battles for the Samurai/Imjin War game would be awesome!

Post by smjohnso77 »

Hey, just got P&K campaigns and love Lepanto. This battle system would be perfect for the naval battles of Admiral Yi and his armored Turtle boats that wrecked the Japanese invasion in the Imjin War. Watch the movie "The Admiral: Roaring Tides" which is an awesome depiction of a desperate Korean naval victory against the Japanese fleet in the Imjin War to get inspired. Anyway, Slitherine could even offer an Injin War naval component for a fee to the cool samurai/Imjin War game on this topic. I just thought the exact same system would work great for the naval battles of the Imjin War.

Return to “Pike & Shot”