Things I like - dislike

Hell is a turn-based tactical skirmish strategy game developed by award winning developer Hunted Cow in partnership with Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

generalgonzo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Things I like - dislike

Post by generalgonzo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:41 am

So, it´s time for a small summary after playing till chapter 7 of the 1st campaign.

Pro:
the game just makes fun, that´s the most important part and invites always to another gaming session. The interface and controls are intuitive and easy to perform. No complicate rules, easy to understand.
The graphics are good and the AI at least in some scenarios challenging (medium setting), but this just to their great number of units. A nice variety of units to chose from with different strengths rounds it up for me.

Contra:
I dislike how you can chose all campaign scenarios from the beginning. I would like that you have to win a scenario to got to the next chapter.
Some units are just too weak (and therefore useless) like the scouts.
The spell casting system is a bit weird. I often cast the mage or cleric spell on the unit itself instead of the unit i planned to cast on because the interface is so complicated in this case.
The AI is sometimes a bit dumped: where it could easily eliminate a thread (longbows), it focus on another unit instead....

So far my 2 cents.

But: game is worth the money!!!!

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Things I like - dislike

Post by zakblood » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:14 am

also found it strange that you can play any order from the start, maybe it would have been better to have given you this option once you had finished it all?

scouts are next to useless so agree..

spells depends on what view you in so you spend a lot of time map spinning in most battles, so also agree

AI doesn't always make the choices of targets that maybe a human would, but AI isn't or will be any time soon as smart as most humans :wink:

jack54
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jack54 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:44 pm

+1 and +1
I agree with both posts
Also,it could use a running campaign score and carryover units. That may happen at some point.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:49 pm

yes at a later date with a patch or 2 it could happen

generalgonzo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by generalgonzo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:36 am

No, I read somewhere that they don´t plan new content like an additional campaign with carry over units- unfortunately.....
Skirmish maps though would be cool. And announced for this week.....

Galangalad
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Galangalad » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Skirmish mode will definitely be in for the upcoming patch.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Just to note that it is possible to build your own carryover campaigns without any issues. Mods and new expansions get all the same features :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Queeg
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Queeg » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:23 pm

generalgonzo wrote: I dislike how you can chose all campaign scenarios from the beginning. I would like that you have to win a scenario to got to the next chapter.
This is a new one. People typically complain when scenarios are locked. I've never heard anyone complain about choice. Just play the scenarios in order if that's your preference and let others play them as they like. Can't see anything wrong with that.

Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:50 pm

Queeg wrote:
generalgonzo wrote: I dislike how you can chose all campaign scenarios from the beginning. I would like that you have to win a scenario to got to the next chapter.
This is a new one. People typically complain when scenarios are locked. I've never heard anyone complain about choice. Just play the scenarios in order if that's your preference and let others play them as they like. Can't see anything wrong with that.
Agree.

Return to “Hell”