I see archers still have ESP

Hell is a turn-based tactical skirmish strategy game developed by award winning developer Hunted Cow in partnership with Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

VR_Nocturne
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

I see archers still have ESP

Post by VR_Nocturne » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:50 pm

Blind Shot.jpg
71% chance to hit a target he can't see...
Blind Shot.jpg (82.25 KiB) Viewed 830 times
And to think this is the LOWER odds. I have a couple units of Longbows on this map (Behind the Walls) that have 96% (yes, 96%) chance to hit on a Blind Shot.

Really?

And, yes, this is on Normal.
Blind Shot2.jpg
And these fellows have a 96% chance to hit what they can't see.
Blind Shot2.jpg (111.27 KiB) Viewed 830 times
I mean, it's probably that +5 high ground modifier...but at that point...have high ground bonus also expand the view of the unit so that they can see the target. I mean with that hit rate...it's like they can see what they can't see anyway, so...

...or greatly increase the penalty when there's no line of sight to the target. The LoS penalty should be far higher, imo. -1 is negligible for pretty much any unit (except maybe the worthless Scouts and maybe the Gloom Imps), and it would seem to me that the best cover from an archer is to be where he can't even see you - but not with the psychic longbowmen!

Perhaps something like:

Blocked LoS: -3 to the LTE needed (if it's below 2, it becomes 2). So if it is was LTE 7, it's now LTE 4 to hit.

Beyond View Range of Unit: -6 to the LTE needed (if it's below 2, it becomes 2. So in the LTE 7 above, it would become LTE 2 (7-6 = 1, becomes 2). It would require a unit who would have a LTE of 9 to get it above 2 after the penalty, which at least would make the unit be a good natural archer and need buffs/several levels to hit with any decent regularity on average.

JMO but I just think these Blind Shots are crazily accurate.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: I see archers still have ESP

Post by zakblood » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:16 pm

pure skill from the shooters :wink:

Return to “Hell”