iainmcneil wrote:You'll start to see the benfits pretty soon. If there are things you don't like let us know. The look and feel and relatively easy to change. It is the core functionality that this one adds that we needed.
It is much faster, allows you to attach files, allows nested forums etc etc. The list is huge. The old forum was really really out of date.
iainmcneil wrote:Can you put all feedback here - http://slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31
Oh well in THAT case...
1. Avatars and the like would be better under the old system, pushed to the left instead of being on the right.
2. Large, embedded images are simply being chopped off.
3. Quick reply box is missing.
4. Under my board style in User Control Panel there is currently only one option. Expanding this area would be great, especially to add options that have much more muted colors (light and dark greys for example). All this white everywhere at 1 or 2 AM really is quite bothersome.
5. What are the rules and guidelines for attaching files to posts? What kinda size limit, how long do they last, et cetera.
6. Someone mentioned more private message capacity. I personally don't need it, but I can understand why some people might like to have it.
7. Improved sticky visibility. Announcements are really nice now, but stickies could use a little more.
8. Warning page when someone is providing a link that leaves the Slitherine webpage.
An example of this feature looks like this:
http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoin ... 31&t=31984
That's off the top of my head, if I think of more or anyone else has more, feel free to add to it.
As a bonus, ability to embed more than just pictures into forum posts. Youtube videos for example. The template would look something like this