Forum Logins

If you have any feedback on the web site or any problems let us know and we'll try and sort them out ASAP.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Forum Logins

Post by Navaronegun »

Gentlemen,

See thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=50216#p473038

While using Google Chrome on iPhone 4S and iPad2, logons to the forum still require re-logins approximately every hour or so, and sometimes redirect you to the Slitherine storefront. The problem is not persistant but intermittant.

Nav
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Forum Logins

Post by Navaronegun »

The issue persists. Logons are required, with cookies not being maintained. This randomly occurs, with the site no being remembered for more than an hour. Very annoying. The "navaronegun" in the photo was typed by myself.

Nav
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (94.63 KiB) Viewed 7782 times
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'll contact the web admins about this issue.
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun »

This issue persist. Is there any action or movement?

Thanks,

Nav
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Hello Nav,

We are working on a solution for your issue, but unfortunately we have had an issue with the Universal login system, which has had to be a priority. We hope to have a fix for this soon.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

I have now a similar problem just a bit stranger. When i click on the login button, which leads to this URL: http://www.slitherine.co.uk/login?retur ... 212d8f8e5c, and enter my details it doesn't work at all. There is no error message but i am not logged in. When i click again on the login button simply nothing happens. Only way to solve the problem is to delete all cookies coming from slitherine and reload the page. Then i at least can try to log in again but it still doesn't work.

When instead of using the login button i just try to post while being not loged in it directs me to different login page (URL: http://www.slitherine.co.uk/forum/posti ... 31&t=50253) which works and i can actually log in but after a while it just forgets my login and and i am stuck again without being able to even try to log in until i delete the cookies again.

I tested this on three different web browsers (Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 32 and Opera 12) and the behaviour is same on all three of them.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Hi Tarrak,

Try resetting your password.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

OK I will try to reset the password when I am back at home again. Currently I am on the road and posting from my mobile phone. What's strange tho is the fact that the login page that doesn't work on the pc works on the Android. I can't tell yet tho if the board forget my login after a while or not. Time will tell I guess. :)

Edit: So it seems the board doesn't forget my login on Android at all. Really strange how the problem persists across three different pc browsers but everything works flawlessly on the Android.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

So i changed my password and this seems to have solved the problems on my PC. Thanks for the help Paulo. :)
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

I've got trouble logging out of the forums (using Firefox v41). When logging out, I'm moved to the websites main page and see that little log-out screen but when returning to the forums I'm still logged in. I have to manually delete the cookies in the Firefox settings. That never happend years before, so something must have happened, may it be Firefox or the website. Logging out on other forums works fine.

Return to “Site Feedback”