BA2 not playing the Community scenarious.

Tech support for Battle Academy 2

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

pi_ta_
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

BA2 not playing the Community scenarious.

Post by pi_ta_ »

In Battle Academy 2, Eastern Front, I have downloaded some extra Community scenario games but they are not fully downloaded or something, because when I open them to play there is only a blank background image with no details. Also earlier Community scenario games I downloaded, are giving an error, for example, Stalin’s Organ,“Error: Failed to find Squad type Valentine”. This is not an in-game problem. Previously I had been playing scenarios. Now it seems BA2 is not able to play the downloads.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BA2 not playing the Community scenarious.

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Is it possible that they are skirmish-only campaigns?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

At the BA2 opening screen select Campaigns, then the procedure is > select User content downloads > download Stalins Organ > it should then say Download completed.
Go back to main screen, select 'Campaigns' (NOT Skirmish) then select Stalins Organ and start playing.

Let us know if those steps don't work.
If they don't, look at your User/Documents/Mygames/Battle Academy 2/Campaigns to see if Stalins Organ is listed there like it should be.
pi_ta_

Post by pi_ta_ »

I have downloaded a number of these games. I just gave one as an example. I have done all the downloading procedure and then I see them on the list of games in Campaigns. But they don't work as I explained. I get an error, as explained.
My BA2 download is not where you suggest. I don't have a "My Games" folder. It is at, C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Battle Academy 2. I looked in the folder but there are only the original BA2 campaign games, and no other downloads. I can't download the Community scenario games again, because after I download they are removed from the list in the Community. So I have these games which do not work and I cannot find them to download again.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

pi_ta_ wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:01 am My BA2 download is not where you suggest. I don't have a "My Games" folder. It is at, C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Battle Academy 2.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Battle Academy 2 is the main game installation. Community scenarios are not downloaded to that folder!

Community scenarios and mods are downloaded to C:/Users/Owner/My Documents/My Games/BA2/Campaigns. At least they are on my PC, but the exact route might vary depending upon which version of Windows you have. It will be in your My Documents folder somewhere, that is why you can't download them again, the game knows you already have them.

As Pip rightly said, some of the Community downloads are actually Skirmish Generator Mods and do not contain scenarios, so they will appear blank if you load them in the Campaigns. These Skirmish Generator Mods all have a description that explains this, for instance this one:

If you do proceed to open it you will get a screen like this:

But from what you explained about being unable to open the Stalins Organ scenario, I think your problem maybe more serious than this. The Stalins Organ scenario's Squads.csv file merely adds the Katyusha to the scenario, all other units are taken from the main games Squads.csv file. So the error message "Error: Failed to find Squad type Valentine" means that the game cannot find the Valentine, which is a standard vehicle in the game. So I suspect that somehow your main game installation has become corrupted.

Have you tried playing any of the official campaigns/scenarios since this problem occurred? If you can't then try reinstalling the game.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
pi_ta_

Post by pi_ta_ »

When I go to the main menu and select the skirmish page, it shows a page of variables I can select. There are no skirmish games shown. Where do I select to play the community scenario skirmish games I downloaded?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

pi_ta_ wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:12 am When I go to the main menu and select the skirmish page, it shows a page of variables I can select. There are no skirmish games shown. Where do I select to play the community scenario skirmish games I downloaded?
Go to the main BA2 forum and look at one of the Skirmish mod threads, they all have "How to use" instructions in the first post. Unfortunately I can't use my PC at the moment so can't give you a link.

Basically, when you are in the Skirmish Generator screen click on the Advanced button, then Use Default Data, then select the mod from the list, then make your skirmish selections in the normal way.

You will probably find it useful to read the forum posts regarding the Skirmish mods anyway, as they might contain special instructions on how to get the best out of the mod. These instructions are also on text files in the mod folders, if you know where to find them.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Here is a link to one of the Skirmish mods forum threads;

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=96679

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Tech Support”