BA2 Editor Issue

Tech support for Battle Academy 2

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

SquadLeaderGGpa
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

BA2 Editor Issue

Post by SquadLeaderGGpa »

What would cause (the AI's) reinforcements not to move?
Scenario(s) created through Editor.
Appear on board fine.
VP assignments entered. Have tried using as Side 0, Side 1, and Neutral.
Aggression level typically at 0. Have tried various Aggression levels. Except for obvious that don't apply (64).
If taken off Reinforcement Mode they move/behave normally.
The units remain in place, even after my/player's units come within LOS and exchange fire with them.
Might be something stupid, but at this point I'm a bit stumped.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: BA2 Editor Issue

Post by Paul59 »

Maybe try deleting the VP assignments and set the team aggression to 16. It's not ideal, but I have just tested that and it gets the reinforcements moving.

I have not used the BA2 scenario Editor much, but know from vast experience with the Editors in related games (P&S, Sengoku Jidai, FOG2 etc) that the Editor method of reinforcement is not great. I always use a scripted method which is much more versatile, but I don't know how to use it in BA2.

Here is a guide I did for FOG2 on the scripted reinforcement method, I'm not sure if it is relevant to BA2:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 91&t=81096

But it might be more useful to look at how BA2 scenario designers have achieved it in their scenarios.

Rico21 is active at the moment designing BA2 scenarios, he might know more about BA2 reinforcements than me.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rico21
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rico21 »

click...
Screen_00000000.jpg
Screen_00000000.jpg (216.31 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

BTW, that is the Victory Points Plugin in Rico's screenshot.

You get to it by clicking the Plugin Tools button:

Then selecting the Victory Points Plug in:

Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
SquadLeaderGGpa

Post by SquadLeaderGGpa »

Yeah they will move with an Aggression level of 16.
I do not often use 16 because the AI seems to wander aimlessly in its searching too much.
-Often doesn't seem to "go to the sound of battle" - move to where other AI units have player units in LOS or are engaged with.
-Often seems to stay close to its initial placement area until player units come into LOS or engage them.
I try to make the AI "search" easy:
Often it seems to never make it to battle if the path on the board is too convoluted -wanders along a wall of cliff faces for 20 turns instead of taking the road through them.
Will play with your Aggression level suggestion some more.
See what the scout planes show me (I use scout planes when creating scenario to make sure AI is behaving, delete them when satisfied/scenario is finished testing).

Have setting Victory Points, Groups, Teams, etc all figured out.
I would learn to script and mod but afraid I would fill this board daily with questions/problems.
Either that or cause my PC to catch fire :D
Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Eagletanker »

If you go into the files of the game, you can enter the Debug mode, which allows you to remove fog if you need to watch your A.I.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I've only ever dabbled in the Editor in a very small way and don't have much experience with it.
I had some problems understanding why units wouldn't move as expected etc, but seem to remember I largely solved it by keeping everything simple and just letting them do their own thing, as I found that if you overload them with too many orders and scripts and fancy stuff they tend to get confused and who can blame them..:)

Return to “Tech Support”