Multiplayer Achievements

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.
Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Multiplayer Achievements

Post by jcb989 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Is there a way to set achievements for both sides of a multiplayer scenario?

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multiplayer Achievements

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Hmmm - interesting question! I don't think achievements are built with MP in mind.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

jcb989

Post by jcb989 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:00 pm

I was thinking that may be the case, however as you probably know - they are available in the editor for programming even into Multiplayer scenarios (I have just released a small test map "24 X 24 Mini Map Battle 1" that includes it for fun).

I think for the scenario designers, they might be a fun way to add a bit of differentiation into tournaments and such.

So far, it appears they can only be associated with "Side 0", which matches your comment about being intended for single player.
maybe it would not be too hard to in a future release add the ability to set some for both Side 0 and Side 1 of the scenario in question?

One other thing to think about. When I "achieved" the specific achievement programmed, and went and played another multi-player game of the same scenario, the record of my previous achievement is still shown to me. I think, for the purpose of how these would be used in multiplayer games, that they should not be "remembered" from game to game in multiplayer mode.

Cheers,

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Heh - I must confess that I am surprised a little that (a) it worked at all, and (b) it saved the ach :) I will add seeing if we can make robust MP achs to the wishlist.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

jcb989

Post by jcb989 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Ah yes, the code that works in mysterious ways! Thanks for listing it, if others are interested in this as a feature, hopefully they mention it here.

jcb989

Post by jcb989 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Pip,

Just a confirmation of the requested fixes:

1. Achievements in MP should not be "remembered" from game to game in multiplayer mode.

2. Allow Side 0 and Side 1 Achievement programming in MP in the scenario editor.

Testing has proved that it would be better if Achievements reset after each MP game, in case you're playing a new opponent.
Hopefully you can think of a way to make a modification for this on next release.

Thanks-

jcb989

Post by jcb989 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:42 pm

jcb989 wrote:Hi Pip,

Just a confirmation of the requested fixes:

1. Achievements in MP should not be "remembered" from game to game in multiplayer mode.

2. Allow Side 0 and Side 1 Achievement programming in MP in the scenario editor.

Testing has proved that it would be better if Achievements reset after each MP game, in case you're playing a new opponent.
Hopefully you can think of a way to make a modification for this on next release.

Thanks-
CORRECTION::: Achievements seem to track in Multiplayer, player to player! In other words, my achievements against myself during play testing did not translate over to when I played Gerry or Cavehobbit or Collier4. And if I am not mistaken, the achievements were remembered player by player against each of those opponents. So probably there is nothing to change for item (1)! 8)

Return to “Battle Academy 2: Scenario Design”