Light Lancers have no effect

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Light Lancers have no effect

Post by KiwiWarlord »

HI RBS, Light lancers charge down hill into the flank of Disrupted Melee Pistol Horse engaged in melee with Foot.
One would think that the Lancers should get Lance +100 POA as the Horse are in melee and being charged in the Flank ?
Sorry the combat report blurs the protagonists somewhat but you should be able to make them out.
Thanks
Brian
Combat Factors.jpg
Combat Factors.jpg (145.41 KiB) Viewed 769 times
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Light Lancers have no effect

Post by rbodleyscott »

The game does not appear to be treating this as a flank attack. Did the lancers start their turn behind the flank?
Richard Bodley Scott

KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:39 am The game does not appear to be treating this as a flank attack. Did the lancers start their turn behind the flank?
Yes, they were atop the hill. The scenario is Auldearn.
Attachments
rsz_screen_00000265.jpg
rsz_screen_00000265.jpg (99.79 KiB) Viewed 728 times
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:39 am The game does not appear to be treating this as a flank attack. Did the lancers start their turn behind the flank?
Sorry Richard, my question was a little vague.
The question is " The Light Horse Lancers charge down hill into the flank of an already engaged unit of Horse, heavily engaged in melee & Disrupted, yet get no charge POA against the Impact Pistol who are now using their Melee Pistol" ?

One would think that in reality the Lancers would have couched lances at impact thus should be at +100 POA.

The Rulebook states that Light Lance does not get any POA against Impact Pistol, which is understandable in a head-on charge but not against a disrupted unit hit in the flank whilst engaged in Melee against another unit.

I'm suggesting the Rules need a tweek.
Thanks
Brian
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:04 pm
Sorry Richard, my question was a little vague.
The question is " The Light Horse Lancers charge down hill into the flank of an already engaged unit of Horse, heavily engaged in melee & Disrupted, yet get no charge POA against the Impact Pistol who are now using their Melee Pistol" ?

One would think that in reality the Lancers would have couched lances at impact thus should be at +100 POA.

The Rulebook states that Light Lance does not get any POA against Impact Pistol, which is understandable in a head-on charge but not against a disrupted unit hit in the flank whilst engaged in Melee against another unit.

I'm suggesting the Rules need a tweek.
Thanks
Brian
My point was that this does not appear to qualify as a flank attack. If it did, the light lancers would be on an overall net +50 POA, and the Disrupted horse would have a further -26% for being Disrupted.

You are asking for the light lancers to benefit from making a flank attack when they have not satisfied the conditions for a flank attack.
Richard Bodley Scott

KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

rbodleyscott wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:37 am You are asking for the light lancers to benefit from making a flank attack when they have not satisfied the conditions for a flank attack.
OK I must have not noted the starting point of the charge correctly, apologies.
Thanks

Return to “Tech Support”