2 malfunctions in Pike and Shot

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

abf317
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

2 malfunctions in Pike and Shot

Post by abf317 »

I sent a message to "Support" but I'm not sure it was sent correctly. If anyone in this forum can help, I'd appreciate it. Here's the message

1) When I start a game, I get a window that says "A newer version of the game is
available. Hit OK to go to the update download page." But when I click on the checkmark, I'm taken
to a webpage that says "404 page not found"
2) When I try to launch the Poltava scenario--one of the ones I'm most interested in--I get a
message box that says: "Failed to load required asset file MUSKETEERS_VETERAN_RG_O.• (0)" If
I click OK on the message box, I get another message window that says" ***UNHANDLED EXCEPTION!
ExpCode: Ox80000003 ExpFlags:0 ExpAddress:Ox00490240 Please report!" I stop clicking OK because
the pointer tends to disappear when this happens, but I don't know when the chain of error messages
might end. Also, this might also happen with battles I have not tried yet
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: 2 malfunctions in Pike and Shot

Post by rbodleyscott »

abf317 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:27 am I sent a message to "Support" but I'm not sure it was sent correctly. If anyone in this forum can help, I'd appreciate it. Here's the message

1) When I start a game, I get a window that says "A newer version of the game is
available. Hit OK to go to the update download page." But when I click on the checkmark, I'm taken
to a webpage that says "404 page not found"
2) When I try to launch the Poltava scenario--one of the ones I'm most interested in--I get a
message box that says: "Failed to load required asset file MUSKETEERS_VETERAN_RG_O.• (0)" If
I click OK on the message box, I get another message window that says" ***UNHANDLED EXCEPTION!
ExpCode: Ox80000003 ExpFlags:0 ExpAddress:Ox00490240 Please report!" I stop clicking OK because
the pointer tends to disappear when this happens, but I don't know when the chain of error messages
might end. Also, this might also happen with battles I have not tried yet
With regard to point 1, I am contacting support for you and asking for their advice.

With regard to point 2, it is probably because the scenario won't work with an earlier version of the game - it should work once you have successfully updated the game.
Richard Bodley Scott

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2 malfunctions in Pike and Shot

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Have you tried going to your My Page (from the Slitherine main web page) and downloading from there?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Tech Support”