New patch

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Doyley50
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

New patch

Post by Doyley50 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:42 pm

I tried to download the new version but couldn't get further than an error message " Error unable to download file. An error occured while trying to open an FTP file"
Now MP tells me that I can't play without the latest update. I have a nail biting battle in the ECW campaign in progress. Any suggestions to help me solve the problem?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: New patch

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Doyley50 wrote:I tried to download the new version but couldn't get further than an error message " Error unable to download file. An error occured while trying to open an FTP file"
Now MP tells me that I can't play without the latest update. I have a nail biting battle in the ECW campaign in progress. Any suggestions to help me solve the problem?
It only just went live on the FTP server. Try downloading it again.

If you get the same error, try turning off your firewall while you download it.
Richard Bodley Scott

Doyley50

Post by Doyley50 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks, I have got it working now, I was trying to download from the game page update renewal, rather than the link provided on the website.

Galangalad
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Galangalad » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:00 pm

Updater from the launcher should be working now as well.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 pm

No biggie as I got it to work, however: I d/l the expansion, the installer ist updated to 1.04 and then installed the expansion ( I had to input the serial # for the expansion)
Then when I launched the game, all the assets for the expansion were there but next to the historical modules there was a $ sign for the expansion ( nice touch) indicating I still needed to purchase haha
Anyways, launching that module prompted me to then enter my serial # for a second time, and I was good to go

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:43 pm

TheGrayMouser wrote:No biggie as I got it to work, however: I d/l the expansion, the installer ist updated to 1.04 and then installed the expansion ( I had to input the serial # for the expansion)
Then when I launched the game, all the assets for the expansion were there but next to the historical modules there was a $ sign for the expansion ( nice touch) indicating I still needed to purchase haha
Anyways, launching that module prompted me to then enter my serial # for a second time, and I was good to go
There was some technical reason (not sure what) why it wasn't easy to allow the serial number to only be entered once.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Tech Support”