Changing sides

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

RonLewis
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Changing sides

Post by RonLewis » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:01 am

Hi I only downloaded P&S yesterday and I am thoroughly enjoying the game. However, when it comes to the Historical scenarios am I able to choose which side I want to play? My Parliamentary heart would not be in it if I had to support King Charles!

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Changing sides

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:49 pm

RonLewis wrote:Hi I only downloaded P&S yesterday and I am thoroughly enjoying the game. However, when it comes to the Historical scenarios am I able to choose which side I want to play? My Parliamentary heart would not be in it if I had to support King Charles!
Sadly not in SP mode in the historical scenarios, which are all designed to be played from one specific side - usually whichever side was historically disadvantaged in that battle. Several of the scenarios, however, are played from the Parliamentarian side - Adwalton Moor, Bristol and Lostwithiel. You are not obliged to play the scenarios in chronological order - you can play them in any order.

All of the MP versions of the scenarios can, of course, be played from either side. As the Parliamentarians are advantaged in most of the scenarios, it should not be too hard for a beginner to do quite well. You have a good chance of winning the battle despite your inexperience, even if you may suffer too many losses in the process to achieve the scenario victory conditions.

You can also play as the Parliamentarians in Skirmishes and in the ECW Campaign.
Richard Bodley Scott

RonLewis

Re: Changing sides

Post by RonLewis » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Thanks for the reply. I might try Multiplayer as a Hotseat and play both sides, rather like trying different strategies at chess. I am trying to build up the experience necessary to play the Civil War campaign - I am looking forward to that!

Return to “Tech Support”