Small data transfer glitch Dreux MP match (Pike & Shot 1.04)

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Pixel
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Small data transfer glitch Dreux MP match (Pike & Shot 1.04)

Post by Pixel » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:45 pm

I think I might have found a data transfer issue in loading up a recent MP match.

Just started a new challenge using the original Pike and Shot version 1.04 with the Dreux 1562 scenario. The game is versus smjohnso77. When creating the challenge I believe I selected to play the Catholic side.

On loading my first turn it shows the Huguenot army as the active army (hmm...). But, oddly after the message about not being able to move the Huguenot army during the first turn it shows that the Catholic Side Rout value is at 100% and then cycles to display the defeat screen. The Catholic army doesn't seem to even be on the map.

I wish I could at least contact my opponent to try to do a re-challenge but couldn't find smjohnso77 on the forum or on steam :( UPDATE: found him on the forums and PMed him with a link to this thread.

Here are screenshots in order of what occurs when I attempt to play this turn:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

When loading the scenario the abandon button is greyed out. It showed me the chat window twice once after trying to commit the turn (Screenshot #3) and also after the Defeat screen (Screenshot 6). Anyways, not sure if this is the right place to post about this.

I can try to post any logs if needed. I know I've played Dreux without this occurring in MP before (but could have been using the Campaigns version of the game instead of the Original).
Last edited by Pixel on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

smjohnso77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Possible bug on loading up Dreux MP match (Pike & Shot 1

Post by smjohnso77 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:29 am

Maybe reload and try again or I will post the challenge again with pixel as the challengee. I plan to get the campaign version later in the month. Thanks, Steve Johnson

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:14 am

I do not think that this represents a bug in the program/scenario, just a glitch in data transfer to/from the PBEM++ server on this particular occasion.

It looks as though the file has become corrupted in going to or from the PBEM++ server. The Catholic units have not been loaded and hence the bizarre situation report in the UI. (The victory conditions in most MP scenarios are calculated according to the relative strength of the opposing armies).

Please let us know if it happens again.
Richard Bodley Scott

Pixel

Post by Pixel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks Richard. I think we're going to try creating a new challenge. Tested the scenario in hot seat mode and exchanged turns fine with the server so I definitely think that this is just a minor data transfer glitch. The victory calculation actually did what I thought it probably would when I saw that the Catholic army wasn't loaded onto the map in the original challenge.

Going to change the thread title as this isn't really a bug in the scenario as far as I can tell.
Image Image

Return to “Tech Support”