Lutzen (problem with setting up challenge)

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

walginshq
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Lutzen (problem with setting up challenge)

Post by walginshq » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:29 am

I've been systematically working my way through the Tercio to Salvo and Thirty Years War historical scenarios (in multiplayer). Setting up news games, I've encountered a problem trying to set up a new multiplayer game for Lutzen (TYW). I go through the usual motions of creating a new challenge, but when I click 'create' nothing seems to happen and the Lutzen doesn't appear in 'My New Challenges'. I've tried this now on different occasions over the last couple of days (with and without setting up a password), with the same result each time. It seems there's no option to successfully set up a challenge for this particular scenario. Is this specific to my experience, or am I missing something? Any suggestions would be gratefully received, because it seems a shame to have a bypass one of the scenarios I want to play ...

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Lutzen (problem with setting up challenge)

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:07 am

walginshq wrote:I've been systematically working my way through the Tercio to Salvo and Thirty Years War historical scenarios (in multiplayer). Setting up news games, I've encountered a problem trying to set up a new multiplayer game for Lutzen (TYW). I go through the usual motions of creating a new challenge, but when I click 'create' nothing seems to happen and the Lutzen doesn't appear in 'My New Challenges'. I've tried this now on different occasions over the last couple of days (with and without setting up a password), with the same result each time. It seems there's no option to successfully set up a challenge for this particular scenario. Is this specific to my experience, or am I missing something? Any suggestions would be gratefully received, because it seems a shame to have a bypass one of the scenarios I want to play ...
Very strange. I have just set up and played the first through turns of MP Lutzen (in Pike and Shot: Campaigns) without any problems. Perhaps you coincidentally encountered a server issue on each occasion?
Richard Bodley Scott

walginshq

Post by walginshq » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:03 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Forgot to mention I'm on the iPad, which potentially makes a difference? Have just gone back to see if I could set up a game, but with the same result. I get the pop up message saying I've successfully created a new game, but - after that - nothing ...

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:43 pm

walginshq wrote:Thanks for taking the time to reply. Forgot to mention I'm on the iPad, which potentially makes a difference? Have just gone back to see if I could set up a game, but with the same result. I get the pop up message saying I've successfully created a new game, but - after that - nothing ...
I have tried it on the iPad, and get the same result as you. (Also with Nordlingen).

I am not sure what the cause of this is. However, since Apple's 64-bit only policy won't allow us to update the program on the iPad, we could not actually correct any bug that may be causing the issue even if we could identify it.

I have tried setting up an MP challenge for Lutzen (and Nordlingen) on the old Pike and Shot game on the PC, and it works fine. Moreover, I could accept the challenges on my iPad.

So a workaround would be for an opponent to set up the challenge on a PC and then you should be able to accept it on the iPad.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Tech Support”