Possible to display Unit numbers?

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

GBISSET
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Possible to display Unit numbers?

Post by GBISSET »

I may be getting confused between Pike and FOG, but isnt there a way to display unit numbers as well as names via debug mode in Pike? If not, is there a way to rename units in a scenario in the editor?

Thanks!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Possible to display Unit numbers?

Post by rbodleyscott »

No. I believe the way that the creators of user content have done it is by making a custom Squads file and the associated name strings for each of their scenarios. It would probably be worth looking at what they have done.
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

GBISSET wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:13 pm I may be getting confused between Pike and FOG, but isnt there a way to display unit numbers as well as names via debug mode in Pike? If not, is there a way to rename units in a scenario in the editor?

Thanks!
There is a Custom Unit Names button in the FOG2 Editor that enables you to easily assign names to units, see my Guide here:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 91&t=80336

Unfortunately the Pike and Shot Editor does not have that feature. However it can be done manually by renaming the UNITNAME strings in one of the scenario text files, as Richard suggested above, just open up one of the user created scenario folders to see how it's done, for instance my Aughrim scenario uses the technique.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
GBISSET
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by GBISSET »

Thanks so much! I usually play solo campaigns with multiple battles, so it is well worth doing this.

Return to “Tech Support”