AI

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

StuccoFresco
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

AI

Post by StuccoFresco » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:46 am

Hello guys I'm trying to make some scenarios; I've read through AI "coding" and groups, is it a mandatory work? If I don't put any script, the AI will just stand there? Or is it only required if you want the AI to make specific moves, and without scripting the AI will react like it's a skirmish?

Paul59
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Re: AI

Post by Paul59 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:05 pm

StuccoFresco wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:46 am
Hello guys I'm trying to make some scenarios; I've read through AI "coding" and groups, is it a mandatory work? If I don't put any script, the AI will just stand there? Or is it only required if you want the AI to make specific moves, and without scripting the AI will react like it's a skirmish?
The AI definitely will not react like it's a Skirmish, because in Skirmish games a prewritten set of scripts governs the AI behaviour. I'm not sure exactly what they will do, I guess they may advance in some random manner until they get within close distance of the enemy, but to be honest I am not sure as I have never tried it, at least not within living memory!

There are two ways to allocate AI orders. The easiest is to use the AI orders function in the Editor. Alternatively you can write the scripts manually in the scenario.bsf file, which gives a lot more flexibility, but can seem very tricky if you are not used to writing scripts. I am not sure which of these methods you are talking about?

You can check out my Scenario creation guides in the Field of Glory 2 forum for more info, as the games are quite similar, although there are differences.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.

StuccoFresco

Re: AI

Post by StuccoFresco » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:08 pm

I was referring to the method built in the editor. I'll try to get a better look at it.

Return to “Scenario Design”