Double/triple firing

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Double/triple firing

Post by Odenathus »

Not an AAR as such, but could any other players reassure me that I'm not seeing things? I occasionally witness a firing unit fire two, even very infrequently three, volleys/barrages in a single turn. I see the smoke and hear the sound effects, and the target unit suffers a second (third) round of casualties, shown by those red casualty numbers.

It is very irregular and doesn't appear to have anything to do with APs, movement etc.

I asked RBS about it as I was hoping to incorporate the effect into my later scenarios, but he says that he's never seen it, it certainly isn't intentional, and suggested that I may have confused the firing, and then residual firing, phases.

Sure I wasn't drunk at the time, nor off of my meds, but would welcome short confirmations from any other players who've experienced it.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Double/triple firing

Post by Paul59 »

I don't recall seeing it before, but now you mention it I will keep a look out for it in future.

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Doyley50
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Doyley50 »

I can confirm that I have just seen this in our current game where one of your artillery units fired twice in succession. I replayed the move to make sure I wasn't imagining it, and it definitely happened!
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Doyley50 wrote:I can confirm that I have just seen this in our current game where one of your artillery units fired twice in succession. I replayed the move to make sure I wasn't imagining it, and it definitely happened!
Interesting.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “After Action Reports”