being nosey now

Warhammer Open Beta

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

being nosey now

Post by zakblood » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:11 pm

well the title says it all, being nosey atm, don't feel like testing any more as i'm done for the day at 8 hours played / tested so went off nosing in the files and found some interesting stuff,

which brings me to another question, why aren't they also in the game?

as one of my replies in one of my many threads did say the air power on the game is sorely lacking, but when i found these, i thought to myself why then aren't they in the game?

DLC?
Mission packs?

or a time issue?

don't have to answer same as i didn't have to be nosey and go off looking, but get bored easily so always look where maybe i shouldn't, that's why i loaded the editor before i did the game :shock: :roll: :wink:
warkopta05.jpg
warkopta05.jpg (6.86 KiB) Viewed 882 times
ba_thunderhawk04.jpg
ba_thunderhawk04.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 882 times
wont post them all but there's a lot of them unused but made :?:

168 divided by 3 or 4 for each views, ie front side etc

Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: being nosey now

Post by Razz1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:47 am

If thats the bad guys... the first one is in the game.

I attacked the jungle and they come out.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:56 am

i wonder why they don't give you the option of playing the Orc's?

and as i can't see Orc's units, have only checked these against what's in the editor, and both aren't selectable, so aren't the others in the folder, as it says unused (hint) :roll: :wink:

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:09 pm

nosey time part 2

Intro movie added, any one seen this?

as it didn't load when i loaded the game, so have never seen it, until now, looking through the game files again, as i got bored play testing and went off to play another game i have on test atm, finished that so went back inside the game folder and what do i find, a intro video, so i sat back and watched it, wish now i had seen it before i tested it tbh, as the game makes more sense now :lol:

so for all those like me who first haven't seen it, or have no idea of the story at all of war hammer, go find it and watch it....

game makes a little bit more sense now as the conflict is in context, so i understand a bit more, slightly :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol:

been back and looked at settings and beta intro is set to 0 and not 1, with a quick change it plays :roll: :wink:

or maybe we are not supposed to see it or even be looking, ah well too late now again, nosey commanders already been there :roll:

i am so naughty :twisted:

thepuffin
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by thepuffin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:28 pm

The Intro movie plays correctly for me so if you're not seeing it everytime you load the game then that sounds like a bug.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:40 pm

i haven't seen it until now so looks like it's just me, thought i'd found something good but if you have already seen it, then i must have been mistaken, i blame the weather, not enough chocolate biscuits, or anything else that springs to mind :roll: :wink:

ah well will keep looking, as the holly grail is still out there :shock: :wink:

Galdred
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Galdred » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:44 pm

You need not to press the button during load time to see the intro. There should be a button to review intro movie in the menu.

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:52 pm

ah i see, you sit and wait and it comes on, now i get it, so me being eager, is why i didn't see it before...

same as pressing manual and credits leads to nowhere as well, multiplayer works but never no one on, that i've seen so far as well...

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:45 pm

how long as the game been in beta?

as i have just looked at the oldest post in here, and it doesn't seem,

1, very long. (Beta 1 Postby Rudankort » 25 Oct 2014 09:20 Hello All! post)

2, many testers in it, or making comments, have some been removed?

3, as a lot of first time testers post more than 1, but rarely post more than 1 or 2 posts at max.

not that it matters, just nosey, not collection data to later bang you on the head with either, just sitting here testing and reading, and thinking as always :roll: :wink:

so thought i'd share my thoughts, as if put down in writing, others can at least see if they are thinking the same, or have other ideas, as all idea's shared may lead to something, or not....

any way that's all, you can g back to doing what ever you was before you came here and got bored reading this :shock: :wink:

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:26 pm

difficulty looks like it isn't enable atm, but could be a later date

IDS_HEADER_SELECT_DIFFICULTY SELECT DIFFICULTY
IDS_DIFF_SERGEANT Sergeant
IDS_DIFF_LIEUTENANT Lieutenant
IDS_DIFF_COLONEL Colonel
IDS_DIFF_GENERAL General
IDS_DIFF_FIELD_MARSHAL Field Marshal
IDS_DIFF_GUDERIAN Guderian
IDS_DIFF_MANSTEIN Manstein
IDS_DIFF_ROMMEL Rommel
IDS_HEADER_GAME_SETTINGS GAME SETTINGS
IDS_CHECK_WEATHER Weather
IDS_CHECK_SUPPLY Supply
IDS_CHECK_FOW Fog of War

as these are left overs from panzer corps, i see no reason to update the names and do the alterations in % for changes, sound good in a few lines but may add to be a lot of work so after release again then maybe...

the more bored i get the deeper i go looking :shock:

i also see the heading haven't changed either so will be easy to mod and alter once released...

# Unit types
# ID Short Name Full Name Icon Faction Cost Class Max Number Hit Points Type of Movement Movement Spotting Initiative etc etc for each unit so will be able to add extra units and change for a mod if wanted or required...

and best of all the weapons :)

# Weapon list
# ID Short Name Full Name Min Range Max Range Accuracy Accuracy per Hex Strength Armour piercing Shots Ammo Traits

so on release will be almost up to speed for mods, if i have the time that is, seems the same is almost every where, but there may be changes i can't see as i haven't looked everywhere either, as yet... :shock:

Return to “Warhammer Open Beta”