This is a texture mod pack for P&S. It's intended for creating scenarios with or converting scenarios using vanilla textures. As the name says, it can be used to depict the several seasons.
Icluded are textures for:
4. Winter (without snow)
5. Winter (with snow)
See screenshots and comments below.
Feel free to use or mod the textures of the Four Seasons Mod Pack ad libitum.
V.1. 06/04/16: Release.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/70zl9 ... ck_v.1.zip
- Creating a new scenario with the mod.
1. Generate a new scenario in the editor.
2. Save and leave the game.
3. Go to /My Documents/My Games/PSCAMP/CAMPAIGNS/WhateverYouCalledYourCampaign
4. Put the folders and files (OBJECTS, TILES and TEXT2.TXT) of the texture set you want to use into your campaigns folder.
5. Load your campaign in the editor; the new scenario starts with the mod texture set as default style.
- Converting scenarios.
1. Go to /My Documents/My Games/PSCAMP/CAMPAIGNS/ and put the folders and files (OBJECTS, TILES and TEXT2.TXT) of the texture set of your choice into the folder of the campaign you want to convert.
2. Load the campaign in the editor. The scenario shows up in one of the vanilla texture styles.
3. In the menu on the left choose 'Edging and Style'.
4. Under 'Convert Style' choose the modded texture style.
5. All tiles are now converted; however the vanilla objects have to be manually replaced by the modded ones. - Be warned, this can be a lot of work!
Paul59 wrote: I discovered a way to convert an existing scenario to one of these new terrain sets.
Open the scenario .BAM file in WordPad (or whichever program you prefer) and replace all instances of the terrain style currently in use with the name of the new terrain style that you want. For instance to convert The Battle of Guinegate to the Winter without snow set; replace all mention of "CENTRALEUROPE" with "NoSnowEurope". This cuts out the need to replace every object in the editor.
You will, of course, also need to put the relevant OBJECTS and TILES folders in the scenario folder.
Spring: Based of vanilla Northern Europe style. New vegetation textures.
Summer: Based on vanilla Southern Europe style. New vegetation textures.
Autumn: Based on vanilla Central Europe style. New vegetation textures.
Winter (without snow): Based on vanilla Central Europe style. New vegetation textures, revised terrain textures.
Winter (with snow): New vegetation textures, recoloured terrain textures.
Revising terrain textures for Autumn and Winter (without snow). Reworking Summer vegetation textures.
Perhaps ... just perhaps doing a Four Seasons Mod pack for Sengoku Jidai.
(Cannot promise much though. To gain a P&S like UI overlay as can be seen in the pic below, too much modding of the main game's files is necessary. The SJ vanilla overlay simply does not fit to the modded P&S terrain textures. Let's see if there will be a official 'green terrain' patch someday. Then I perhaps I could do a FS Mod Pack for SJ.)