Another CTD Error

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Another CTD Error

Post by rich12545 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Ok. Sound is a major component of the immersion in the game. I've been unable to play it since purchasing a month ago so I'll just wait a couple more days until it's fixed.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:33 am

Rich, Miles have asked us for a log of the error but its a log that doesn't get generated by default so would take some setup to find. The support team can walk you through how to set it up if you're willing to help us try and fix it?

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:32 pm

Ok, just have them post a simple step by step list of what to do.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:48 am

Thanks - we were about to try and get you instructions but found the tool they suggested is unreliable and crashed windows so we are looking for an alternative as we don't want to cause additional issues.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:14 pm

Well, Iain, I hope we can get this resolved very soon. My patience is running out. I first posted about it more than a month ago.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:49 am

Rich we know there is a conflict on some PC's but it isn't something we can fix directly. The issue seems to be in the hardware or driver and although this is nothing to do with us, we will try and work around it if we can as we want people to enjoy the game! :)

For almost 3 weeks the office has been shut and you have had numerous responses, despite that in the last month. The team is doing everything they can to help but there isn't really anything else we can do to speed it up. We are trying to find a work around but are not in control of how long it will take so can't make any estimates on how long it will take to resolve.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Yes, I know about the office being closed. And you know there are two different CTDs that I reported? They may or may not be related. It's been over a month. Based on your post, it may or may not get fixed and will likely drag on for some time. There is a conflict. It's not your fault and it's not my fault. Just process a refund and let's move on.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:37 am

Iain!

So you're just going to ignore me?

You won't answer my post and you won't answer my PM!

What the hell kind of customer service is that??

fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:33 am

IainMcNeil wrote:Rich, Miles have asked us for a log of the error but its a log that doesn't get generated by default so would take some setup to find. The support team can walk you through how to set it up if you're willing to help us try and fix it?
Hi Rich,
I suppose that "Miles" is the sound system used by the game. It is a third party software.
Slitherine has to talk with Miles and to make a new EXE with creating the new logfiles. I think it takes some time.
I understand you, I also would play a game I bought.

Do you have the chance to install WH40K on another computer to playing this game until the issue will be fixed?
Another try, if you have a chance to check it: I use an external soundcard ("ancient" soundblaster Live! 24-bit External) instead of the onboard sound from my notebook (win 8.1 64 bit).

I did not read all your posts and the answers: How do you connect the monitor (or a TV) with the computer? (no monitor on notebook, via HDMI, display port...)

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:17 am

Hi Rich,

you sent me a PM Wednesday evening after I had left the office. I was not in the office yesterday. It is 10am Friday. I am replying to you, even though I have over 100 emails unread and many other things I should be doing as you can imagine with a company of over 30 people to run.

As I have explained to you this is not an issue we can fix directly. We are in the hands of 3rd parties who have not responded. There isn't anything we can do about this. I suggest you deal with support directly via the ticketing system as I am going to be busy for the next few days in meetings and don't want you to think you are being ignored. ;)

I wont be on the forum until next Wednesday earliest.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:07 pm

What ticketing system?

You can't fix the problem. The devs aren't responding to you. What do you expect me to do?

This has been going on for a month and a half. First it was ignored. Then the office was closed. Now I'm getting a run around.

This is the worst crap customer service I've ever seen.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:30 pm

rich12545 wrote:What ticketing system?
The one you have initiated when you have contacted us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk.

You haven't been ignored. Your first issue is the same as the second issue. Like we have already explained, we are in the hands of 3rd parties.
We have been responding you and trying to troubleshoot the issue. It can take some time. Unfortunately, neither the developers nor tech support team, were able to reproduce it.
Please do contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:42 pm

If I contact you there, how would that help?

Slitherine can't fix the problem. The third party devs are not responding. So how would that help? Tell me exactly how that would help fix the problem.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Nobody said that the 3rd party developers were not responding, just that it requires their support to fix the issue. We need time to gather information about, replicate, and fix the bug, and then get a fix update out. Multiple people have spent a lot of time working on fixing the issue, so it is not being forgotten. Finding rare hardware specific crashes takes time.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Here's a direct quote from Iain a few posts back:

"We are in the hands of 3rd parties who have not responded."

Pip, really, you should get your facts straight.

It's been a month and a half. More than enough time. At this point, I'm tired of the whole thing and just want a refund.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:05 pm

As I said, fixing specific bugs takes time and this one is proving especially hard to track. The bulk of the delay has been trying to find a tool which is simple enough for a user to use to generate the debugging information we need. If most people were happy to install WinDbg and attach the game to it we would have good information in no time, but it's not a simple thing to walk people through.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:24 pm

At the time we were waiting for a response. They have responded but not with a solution that helps this situation. Unfortunately it is a very complex problem that is going to take some time to resolve, and its impossible to say how long, as we'll just have to keep pushing until we find a fix.

Return to “Tech Support”