New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Escandiel
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by Escandiel »

Ah seems i have 2x 6 Png of Marauder, tried deleting one set then another set, now it works :D

Could it be that "support fire" units dont get any experience by using support fire ?! Thats little annoying, as you dont get your devastators or anything else to sufficient level..

Is this mod possible with Orkz "game" ?
sakura0022
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by sakura0022 »

Escandiel wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:57 pm Well thats a bit too much :D

But what i really would appreciate for "starters" is a MASSIVE (very Huge map) defensive Szenario with trench lines, fortified "bunkers" and even a "upper level" like the macropole itself (as in the ork titan Szenario, but bigger^^)

Where you can choose to be the attacker or Defender, with different races, with tons of Money and able to spawn turrets in your defense lines.. as well as having decent amount or even many of different turrets predefined.

With tons of attackers :)

Like that new last one you made, that was awesome, however i wished i would have been able to spawn my units within the first trench lines :D

* Sadly marauder still has the gui error, once i try to place it.
Escandiel wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:28 pm Oh i found another issue.

The Hellfury missiles do not have Range 7, it seems its maxed out at Range 4.

Oh and a question : Does your mod also work for "Da Orkz" ?
Escandiel wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:27 pm Ah seems i have 2x 6 Png of Marauder, tried deleting one set then another set, now it works :D

Could it be that "support fire" units dont get any experience by using support fire ?! Thats little annoying, as you dont get your devastators or anything else to sufficient level..

Is this mod possible with Orkz "game" ?
I will have a look at creating another massive scenario or even change the last scenario so you can use other races etc..!

I believe the game weapon range is maxed out at 4. You can't go any further than 4 even if the weapon states otherwise.

Thank you Shrike for help with the marauder issue.

For giving experience to the support fire units, that is a whole different type of modding. Probably you would have to mod the exe file. I am not sure that would even be possible. If anybody knows how please let me know!
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

sakura0022 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:00 am
I believe the game weapon range is maxed out at 4. You can't go any further than 4 even if the weapon states otherwise.
I thought I'd read somewhere that this is true for "normal" weapons, but that making it "bulky" can bump that up to range 7. However, that means you will not be able to have response fire from such weapon. Basilisk, deathstrike, Banesword and Reaver Titan in base game have such a weapon type and there this works.
sakura0022

Post by sakura0022 »

Shrike wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:28 pm
sakura0022 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:00 am
I thought I'd read somewhere that this is true for "normal" weapons, but that making it "bulky" can bump that up to range 7. However, that means you will not be able to have response fire from such weapon. Basilisk, deathstrike, Banesword and Reaver Titan in base game have such a weapon type and there this works.
Ah, yes, that is correct! Thank you for reminding me! I could always add "bulky" then to the Hellfury missiles!
Escandiel

Post by Escandiel »

And whats about the "Da Orkz" Game? Also useable with your mod somehow?
NsKap
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by NsKap »

sakura0022, thank you very much for this great mod. The campaign is gorgeous, everything is lovely, the choice of "code" I was very pleasantly surprised as well, as the landing of ultra. The sound is cool. But since there are only 4 scenarios in the campaign, it would be nice to put something even more powerful against the forces of the Imperium than now at a hard level of the game : victory is only theoretically possible, and losses should be heavy :twisted: . In other campaigns, enemy units regenerate as well as player units using requisitions, Necrons could do the same? This will make it very difficult to win :twisted:
vispainiusii
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by vispainiusii »

Fantastic mod. Pretty amazing too just from the stance of how much work it probably took to make it all work reliably. Played a few scenarios and really enjoyed em. I lost the Dark Eldar one but balance wise, I actually kind of enjoyed how they played. It was strange relying on a mix of strong, elite units with their powerful transports acting as fast movement and hard hitting, long-range weak fire and devastating 2-3 tile fire.

I've tried my hand before at combining mods but never had anything "reliably workable". Took a bit of finicking to make it work on my end, but I got it.

I also noticed you have taken the Cadian art assets someone made awhile back and managed to put them into this mod. Would you be able to make them as a separate mod or, better yet, even combine them into a sort of updated Additional Units & Stat Overhaul Mod https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 26&t=86445 ? It wouldn't be a big change to a previous mod but it would be interesting and probably pretty easy I think. Sort of an update to a past mod. I ask you actually because you managed to do this huge merge and, honestly, its been 2 years since that author posted a response in their mod thread. Up to you though.
glennthom72

Post by glennthom72 »

Fantastic mod!! thanku!
NsKap

Post by NsKap »

I like turn-based games, and I'm very impressed with this mod, so much so that I decided to expand the Death Korps of Krieg campaign. I think I can add a couple of missions and make them work.
Nalsurv

Post by Nalsurv »

I can't download(((
Can you help me?
NsKap

Post by NsKap »

Nalsurv wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:15 pm I can't download(((
Can you help me?
Link to the mod in the first message is working!
ovg

Post by ovg »

Could you please reupload the fix? It seems like the link is down.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

A good mod, I figured out how to create units and a campaign. I added a couple dozen units from beautiful models or not so beautiful :), mainly for the ArchEnemy, well, for the Imperium a few. I've also added more voice acting to the Krieg campaign and fixed the characters' messages in the game.I don't speak English, so I apologize for the mistakes. Now I have sketched out a couple of scenarios and am checking them for performance, I think by the New Year the Krieg company will be remastered: the balance, duration of scenarios, number of enemies, etc. will be changed. The first one after the tomb will be the existing Martyrs Point scenario, since I trained on it:D
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (582.21 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

I thought it would be nice to add some events depending on the actions on the map or not.
Like this:
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (538.04 KiB) Viewed 1912 times
Oh, yes, now the main character will appear, who will have to place each scenario on the map, and watch him so that he survives, and drive back and forth to do something or not. It will be Commissar Costellin, there will also be other characters whose life/functionality will have to be preserved for the continuation of the company.
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

I thought that there is no need to allocate all interactive hexes, let the commander look for them himself xD. I also thought that if the commander was inattentive and did not visit the "interesting" hex, or did it at the wrong time and/or with the wrong unit, then there should be a reaction to this, and I do not guarantee that such a commander will be able to survive:D
screen34.jpg
screen34.jpg (643.96 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

Of course, I understand that the Armageddon section has been dead for a long time, but I will ask the question: is it worth doing voiceover of messages on maps? Will anyone listen to this nonsense? :D
Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

So, the remastered company is ready for a Mega Merge mod https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zW5jnt ... sp=sharing . Installation on top of the already installed Mega Merge by simply copying folders and replacing files. I've made a few changes, so the balance has completely changed, and it doesn't look like any rules, the balance is rather based on my impressions of the books... or not xD.The original missions were slightly modified to make it more interesting to re-pass, since the Saves are incompatible with the original.
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Thanks for sharing Nscap2. Looks interesting, but I repeatedly crash on missing texture issues early on in the 1st mission. I also missed a portrait before that, but no crash there.

Nskap2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Nskap2 »

I tried to reduce the volume of files, unsuccessfully, well, the heavier version is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jK7fTg ... sp=sharing
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Thanks, still getting occasional crashes, but I think the mod's not to blame for that. You made this mod into a nice upgrade of what the original author started. I like the new units, but also the better balance and scenario twists. Well done!

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”