Mod: Tau v0.2

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Caveman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Mod: Tau v0.2

Post by Caveman »

Ladies and gentleman, the Tau set a first step on Armageddon! A small step for a Tau, but a big step for the greater good :wink:

Please unzip the attached file into your 40K Armageddon install folder and check the "replace files" box (I highly recommend to do a backup of your install at first!). Then just start the game, go to scenarios and pic the first one, called "Send in the Tau".

There are two version, the first just includes the Tau units, the other one changes the laser-colour for humans weapons to red, leaving blue shots to the Tau. This counts just for lasers, human plasma weapons are still blue:

Without red laser for the Imps https://mega.co.nz/#!rtA0TYID!fqg6IYHKI ... kiGw0QZcMo
Full mod https://mega.co.nz/#!30Q2nKqI!UEC0Vs2jV ... 3yE5AI3oT8

Last edited by Caveman on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aekar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Mod: Tau Firewarriors

Post by Aekar »

Congratulations Caveman!
Now, since you called that thread "Mod: Tau", you just need to make that Tau faction a reality as a playable faction!

I know you were looking for something to do this saturday!
Good luck, Commander!
Caveman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Caveman »

Thanks Aekar, I would be glad to do this. I just need good pictures from Tau miniatures.
dadrunk
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by dadrunk »

Nice initiative

I'm looking at your unittypes.whdat and see that you put " Tau Firewarrior" on #ID17 . Did you deleted one ?

I will look at the actual files of the game to understand the way they decided the characteristic of each unit.

I really want to make some changes on these because they seems a bit strange for a wk40 fan like me.

For exemple, the Melee Accuracy of a Dreadnought is 60.... It's the same for Scout squad ...

I will try take all my codex, and re-calcul that.
( i will really look to the battle calculator in the editor to understand all the mechanisms they use for the fight )
Caveman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Caveman »

Thanks! Being a Panzer Corps modder and a 40k fan - I planed that since I heard from the game :)

I did not delete another unit. If you look at the ID-numbers of that file you will see, that there are ID-ranges left free to ad units later on. In this case I added the Tau as an imperial infantry unit - but it would be no problem to create a whole new faction. The ID has to be unique and it also sets the position of the unit in the purchase menu. But I failed to find the file which can make the Tau purchaseable in the scenarios. I just spotted the avail-files for the tutorial missions...
pizzagrenadier
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by pizzagrenadier »

wow brilliant, thanks for the hard work!!

i understand this is a single scenario, but just to be sure, i havent finished campaign, so will this mod affect campaign play in anyway? also will it affect multiplayer?
Caveman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Caveman »

It should not affect both, because the new unit is just selectable in the scenario editor. It is not purchasable... I'm so sure about this, because I haven't figured out how to make it purchasable yet...
Caveman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Mod: Tau v0.2

Post by Caveman »

Latest update (see first post):

- Tau Hammerhead now included
- Sounds included
- Position of the Tau forces in the scenario updated (right behind the Orks now, not directly in their lines)
- optional but highly recommended: red lasers for humans
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

Great, this mod is fantastic, thank you.
VoidDragon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by VoidDragon »

I think you should give Tau Warriors and Hammerheads their own weapons: Pulse Rifles, Railguns and Gun Drones, not Imperal weapons. I added those weapons and post here stats for them:

Pulse Rifle
Range: 0-3
Accuracy: 100
Attack Strength: 40
AP: 30
Shots and ammo: 1/10

Railgun
Range: 0-4
Attack Strength: 100
AP: 50
Shots and ammo: 1/5

Gun Drones
Range: 0-2
Attack Strength: 50
AP: 30
Shots and ammo: 3/10

http://rghost.ru/59423376
CiZerin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by CiZerin »

Caveman, what program have you used to draw this models?
Caveman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Caveman »

@VoidDragon
Thanks for the input - my focus is on the graphics right now, because my guess is, that a lot of balancing from the devs will be going on with 40kA in the next few weeks. But I totally planed to make the Tau a full faction with their own icons, weapons, stats and so on. But any help with that is highly apreciated! So I gladly take your values.

@CiZerin
I didn't really paint or render them - I simply asked some 40k TT players to take photos from their miniatures (thanks KLOPA2!). Of course I heavily used photoshop filters to create a render-look. That was the photo material for the hammerhead, well - one out of six of course:

VoidDragon
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by VoidDragon »

I will gladly help you with crunch part. I think rebalancing would not touch basic game mechanic, so I guess we can begin approximating numbers now.
JimmyC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by JimmyC »

This looks really sweet!

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”