New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by Shrike »

I did enjoy your mod as it is the first one that's actually providing an entirely new campaign and stand-alone scenarios. Even after all these years and knowing the game's limitations, it still manages to draw me in and makes me forget the passing of time just to get one more turn in :lol:
Escandiel
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Escandiel »

Omg i love this mod and game so much,

BUT please help me with campaign mission : Cleansing of Danmas

before start of that Mission i could choose out of 6 decissions named : xyz_Player_1 6 times and xyz_Player2

shouldnt there be any information about my choices?

In addition after Wining the mission it always crashes consisting out of 3 "pages" :

1. : ERROR : Bad function call (0)
2. : Error Struct exception with code 0x80000003
3. : Warhammer 40,000 Arma: ArmageddonGame.exe - ***Unhandled Exception! , ExpCode: 0x80000003 ExpFlags: 0, ExpAdress 0,012ED478 , Please report!

Can you please help me :((( i neeeeed to finish the camp.
Iceman223
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Iceman223 »

Just wonderful work!

Still testing out the units and your new campaign, which looks fantastic :mrgreen: :D

Id be interested in writing my own campaign for this but just getting my feet wet in terms of modding for this game;

Any tips/ links as to how you created your own campaign?

-game balance note, Preator armored assault launcher (artillery, Astra Militarum) - has no indirect fire capability, seems like a bug for a MLRS system
sakura0022
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by sakura0022 »

Shrike wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:33 am I did enjoy your mod as it is the first one that's actually providing an entirely new campaign and stand-alone scenarios. Even after all these years and knowing the game's limitations, it still manages to draw me in and makes me forget the passing of time just to get one more turn in :lol:
Thank you! Yes! For some reason it still draws me in too sometimes. Can't help myself!
Escandiel wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:30 pm Omg i love this mod and game so much,

BUT please help me with campaign mission : Cleansing of Danmas

before start of that Mission i could choose out of 6 decissions named : xyz_Player_1 6 times and xyz_Player2

shouldnt there be any information about my choices?

In addition after Wining the mission it always crashes consisting out of 3 "pages" :

1. : ERROR : Bad function call (0)
2. : Error Struct exception with code 0x80000003
3. : Warhammer 40,000 Arma: ArmageddonGame.exe - ***Unhandled Exception! , ExpCode: 0x80000003 ExpFlags: 0, ExpAdress 0,012ED478 , Please report!

Can you please help me :((( i neeeeed to finish the camp.
Thank you very much!

Will have a look at the mission when I get a chance. Those decisions should have text with them. The mission has always progressed for me too but will check it out!
Iceman223 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:19 pm
Just wonderful work!

Still testing out the units and your new campaign, which looks fantastic :mrgreen: :D

Id be interested in writing my own campaign for this but just getting my feet wet in terms of modding for this game;

Any tips/ links as to how you created your own campaign?

-game balance note, Preator armored assault launcher (artillery, Astra Militarum) - has no indirect fire capability, seems like a bug for a MLRS system
Thank you so much! It is good to hear people are finding this mod and enjoying having a go at it!

In terms of a campaign for this game once you practice messing around a bit with the files it becomes fairly easy to make your own stuff.

You can use my mod as a base if you want to. If you want your own campaign you need to add it firstly to the bottom of campaigns.whdat in the data folder. This will link to another .whdat file for your campaign structure. For example mine was "Krieg.whdat". This had all the scenarios listed for my campaign. Then you want to create your scenarios, making sure you have a core force at the start of the campaign that can progress to the finish.

For the briefings, just follow the structure of the other briefing files and it is linked correctly to the "strings.whdat" that contains all the dialogue in the briefings folder.

Any questions let me know!

Will have a look at adding the indirect fire capability for the Preator.

Good luck with modding!
Escandiel

Post by Escandiel »

Sadly i cant proceed the camp :(

Nevertheless this is a super great mod :D

I love it.

is there an option to give certain weapons more Range ? Like Volcano Titan weapon for me only has Range 3, while a Chaos knight got Range 4 and far more power, little confusing :D
Or for example the Titan Price/Weapon relation does not make much sense.

Like Plasma Blastgun has 1-3 Range 80 dmg 30% pen , while Turbolaser Destructor has 1-3 Range, 160 dmg and 40% pen ... same warhound only 150 Ressources more for double firepower O_o

You still improving this mod? Maybe make another camp? Would love that and agree to support /donate , if you like :D

For Errors i have another one.

The Marauder Bomber seems to be broken, there is some picture/gui.error resulting in similiar code as my campaign problem.

Maybe its just a broken unit for the next mission i would have access to?
sakura0022

Post by sakura0022 »

Escandiel wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:43 am Sadly i cant proceed the camp :(

Nevertheless this is a super great mod :D

I love it.

is there an option to give certain weapons more Range ? Like Volcano Titan weapon for me only has Range 3, while a Chaos knight got Range 4 and far more power, little confusing :D
Or for example the Titan Price/Weapon relation does not make much sense.

Like Plasma Blastgun has 1-3 Range 80 dmg 30% pen , while Turbolaser Destructor has 1-3 Range, 160 dmg and 40% pen ... same warhound only 150 Ressources more for double firepower O_o

You still improving this mod? Maybe make another camp? Would love that and agree to support /donate , if you like :D

For Errors i have another one.

The Marauder Bomber seems to be broken, there is some picture/gui.error resulting in similiar code as my campaign problem.

Maybe its just a broken unit for the next mission i would have access to?
I am trying to to replicate what has happened to you but I am always able to proceed to the next mission.

Also, for the six choices I always get the picture below. I downloaded again from the forum to make sure we had the same copy but I get the right text for the six choices before the start of the 4th mission.
choices.png
choices.png (582.42 KiB) Viewed 3992 times
Did you put my community edition in a separate folder totally apart from your base game? I am just trying to figure out what happened to your copy. Are you using any other mods with mine? You mentioned a marauder bomber but there is no marauder bomber activated in my mod just the marauder destroyer.

I released a small update on the first post too.

-Small price increase to Titans with the Turbo-Laser Destructor
-Added Indirect to the Praetor launcher.
-Changed the Marauder Destroyer gui link to match up the images so there should not be an error now if anyone uses it!

Thank you so much for your support and kind words! I would only accept support if I were to be working every day on the mod. If I get back to that point I may think about it but I need to think of some good ideas first for a new campaign!

Please let me know if you can get playing the last mission of the campaign or not!
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Forgot to mention this, but I invariably get a crash after ending the Cleansing of Danmas with a victory. I'm guessing there's a problem with the massive amount of core units one can accumulate during that scenario which may cause issues with checks that are done to proceed to the final one. I'm not a modder though :|
Could you please make your latest update a publicly shared one?
sakura0022

Post by sakura0022 »

Shrike wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:59 am Forgot to mention this, but I invariably get a crash after ending the Cleansing of Danmas with a victory. I'm guessing there's a problem with the massive amount of core units one can accumulate during that scenario which may cause issues with checks that are done to proceed to the final one. I'm not a modder though :|
Could you please make your latest update a publicly shared one?
Ah, that might be it! Thank you! Might remove a few units then or limit what you can buy.

Sorry, yes, for some reason the sharing settings on the small update were off. Should work now hopefully!
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Doumo arigatou sakura0022 san :D
Escandiel

Post by Escandiel »

I have put the folder at C:/

So totaly apart from Steam game.

i also deleted old one "reinstalled" new copy and cheated my way through campaign ... but still same error

But mission 4 is not the last mission, is it?!

Here picture of how that looks like :
https://imgur.com/a/GD2KoZq

To the mentions of Shrike, i also played that Scenario from the beginning trying to lose as many units as possible (in my first try, i did not lose any) but still i get that error O_o
sakura0022

Post by sakura0022 »

Shrike wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:38 pm Doumo arigatou sakura0022 san :D
どういたしまして!
Escandiel wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:35 pm I have put the folder at C:/

So totaly apart from Steam game.

i also deleted old one "reinstalled" new copy and cheated my way through campaign ... but still same error

But mission 4 is not the last mission, is it?!

Here picture of how that looks like :
https://imgur.com/a/GD2KoZq

To the mentions of Shrike, i also played that Scenario from the beginning trying to lose as many units as possible (in my first try, i did not lose any) but still i get that error O_o
Do you play in a language other than English, maybe German? If you do, I think I have found the answer to the missing text in briefings. Each language has its own strings file so the one in the German folder just contains the base game files, none of mine. Please merge the contents of the file attached to this post in my community edition mod Localization / de (if German) / Data folder. Backup and replace the contents and you should now have all the briefing text (In English though!) I can do some Japanese but German would be pushing it!
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auuq6mkpSzKVg8hSm4V ... Q?e=RTacCT

You mentioned you were able to cheat into mission 4. How did you do that exactly? I have tried before and I can't seem to end the scenario I am on? Thank you!

For mission 4 I am still investigating but it could be something with progression to the next scenario. Will let you know if I find anything!

Edit: Found the culprit! After trying a few things it was a simple case of the "fade in" command being in the wrong column! Added the fix to the first post update file. Should work now!
Last edited by sakura0022 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Yes, I can confirm the final scenario is now accessible - よくできました :D
The only leftover issue I could spot are missing text strings for the very last screen when you've won the campaign. This is in the EN_US version.
sakura0022

Post by sakura0022 »

Shrike wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:26 pm Yes, I can confirm the final scenario is now accessible - よくできました :D
The only leftover issue I could spot are missing text strings for the very last screen when you've won the campaign. This is in the EN_US version.
Thank you! Changed the strings in the last briefing so they link up now with the dialogue. Updated the first post update. Should work now!

What did you think of the campaign in total?
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

I sure liked the opportunity to play unfamiliar units. Initially it took me a moment before I realized that moving and shooting gets heavily punished in your mod. I have never played tabletop, so it was a bit unexpected and it does influence tactics quite a bit. From a balancing perspective I feel the mod is still quite a bit "raw" as there's a tendency for exaggerated rock-paper-scissor mechanics, where even the heaviest titans can be dropped instantly (thinking of the titan's canyon in the second scenario). Still, you can adapt to that and rather invest in lower cost units with high armor penetration, but this mod requires you to not be too attached to your troops :lol: The final scenario felt a bit like overkill. If the idea is to have the player just drop a small selection of troops at the start, then the encountered opposing forces should be of similar size to present a reasonable challenge. With so many units spawning at random and inside your troop's zone of control, I was glad I had just dropped all of my remaining troops with every consecutive turn. The experience would have been improved if the walls had been impenetrable though. As it is now, they neither block line of sight nor standard shots, which is only a blessing because at present one needs the additional firepower from units in nearby tunnels. The Necron scarab swarm was used to better effect in this scenario. It actually managed to kill a couple of my units who got trapped, while in the previous wide open scenario they never dealt any damage to my units. I guess the line of sight mechanics are to blame for that, or maybe you could strategically drop some recon units among them to "guide" the swarm. As a final word, I appreciate the effort that must go into scenario creation. I don't know if you're basing this on some available scenario descriptions or not, but regardless I think it's a daunting task and you pulled it off nicely, probably without a horde of available play testers. Extra kudos for the individual scenarios you've added, as they give a wide variety of races and units to play with in original settings - well done!
Escandiel

Post by Escandiel »

Thanks,

Campaign works fine... wished there was more, that was really REALLY fun with cool triggers, sudden attacks , loved it.

I would like to order a full campaign with tons of missions and events :D
Tell me your price *gg*

Just one point missing, the Marauder still gets me that gui crash AND i would appreciate access to deathcorps units in normal campaign :)
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Escandiel did you drop in Update 1? It fixes the Marauder issue.
sakura0022

Post by sakura0022 »

Shrike wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:50 am I sure liked the opportunity to play unfamiliar units. Initially it took me a moment before I realized that moving and shooting gets heavily punished in your mod. I have never played tabletop, so it was a bit unexpected and it does influence tactics quite a bit. From a balancing perspective I feel the mod is still quite a bit "raw" as there's a tendency for exaggerated rock-paper-scissor mechanics, where even the heaviest titans can be dropped instantly (thinking of the titan's canyon in the second scenario). Still, you can adapt to that and rather invest in lower cost units with high armor penetration, but this mod requires you to not be too attached to your troops :lol: The final scenario felt a bit like overkill. If the idea is to have the player just drop a small selection of troops at the start, then the encountered opposing forces should be of similar size to present a reasonable challenge. With so many units spawning at random and inside your troop's zone of control, I was glad I had just dropped all of my remaining troops with every consecutive turn. The experience would have been improved if the walls had been impenetrable though. As it is now, they neither block line of sight nor standard shots, which is only a blessing because at present one needs the additional firepower from units in nearby tunnels. The Necron scarab swarm was used to better effect in this scenario. It actually managed to kill a couple of my units who got trapped, while in the previous wide open scenario they never dealt any damage to my units. I guess the line of sight mechanics are to blame for that, or maybe you could strategically drop some recon units among them to "guide" the swarm. As a final word, I appreciate the effort that must go into scenario creation. I don't know if you're basing this on some available scenario descriptions or not, but regardless I think it's a daunting task and you pulled it off nicely, probably without a horde of available play testers. Extra kudos for the individual scenarios you've added, as they give a wide variety of races and units to play with in original settings - well done!
Thank you for the great feedback!
Yes, I was trying to give the combat more of a 40K feel. However, I introduced a huge amount of units to the game so I don't think it will ever be balanced in any way really! But I would like the combat to have variety so if you have any ideas let me know! I could bulk up the Titans too a bit so they don't fall so quickly?

Haha, yes, I probably added a few too many opposing units in the last campaign scenario. I was trying out a few things with hidden units and other things that I added maybe too many to one single scenario! Thank you for the feedback with the line of sight part too. I think I can make the walls impenetrable by changing the terrain type.

Thanks a lot again for the praise. I am glad people are able to enjoy the mod! When I started modding it was hard getting used to all the different ways you can mod this game. However, time is the only factor now! I enjoyed actually making the scenarios and I will probably make more in the future and hopefully another campaign! Just need some good ideas!
Escandiel wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:13 am Thanks,

Campaign works fine... wished there was more, that was really REALLY fun with cool triggers, sudden attacks , loved it.

I would like to order a full campaign with tons of missions and events :D
Tell me your price *gg*

Just one point missing, the Marauder still gets me that gui crash AND i would appreciate access to deathcorps units in normal campaign :)
Good to hear! I will definitely try to make more in the future if I have any time and good ideas!

Haha, well, that will come to around 1 million yen please! Kidding aside, I will see if I can come up with anything good!

The new update should hopefully fix the marauder issue? I will add the DK units to the base campaign as an optional update if anybody wants it!
Escandiel

Post by Escandiel »

Well thats a bit too much :D

But what i really would appreciate for "starters" is a MASSIVE (very Huge map) defensive Szenario with trench lines, fortified "bunkers" and even a "upper level" like the macropole itself (as in the ork titan Szenario, but bigger^^)

Where you can choose to be the attacker or Defender, with different races, with tons of Money and able to spawn turrets in your defense lines.. as well as having decent amount or even many of different turrets predefined.

With tons of attackers :)

Like that new last one you made, that was awesome, however i wished i would have been able to spawn my units within the first trench lines :D

* Sadly marauder still has the gui error, once i try to place it.
Escandiel

Post by Escandiel »

Oh i found another issue.

The Hellfury missiles do not have Range 7, it seems its maxed out at Range 4.

Oh and a question : Does your mod also work for "Da Orkz" ?
Last edited by Escandiel on Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

Eskandiel, did you verify whether the Marauder pics were uncompressed into the right folder? This is an example: Image

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”