Finnnish give up?

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Dilbert
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Finnnish give up?

Post by Dilbert » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi,

I am playing Axis side agains AI (CEAW v 1.12 GS v 2.10) with a very late Barbarossa in the attempt to keep URSS out of the war as much as possible. As you can see in the attached pictures, at the end of Axis turn 70, things are going quite well for the Axis in the North. Germans took the city of Leningrad and Finnish took the city of Petrozavodsk and the rail depot of Cherepovets.

At the beginning of the Allied turn 70 I got the message that Finland signs an armistice with URSS after suffering heavy losses, but no Finnish garrison or corp was destroyed by russians (you can see all the 5 corps and 5 garrisons on the map), and no URSS units were even inside Finland.

The situation at the beginning of Axis turn 71 is the following, but I cannot understand what's the reason for this. Are there some specific rules for this? Or is it a bug?

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
Begin of Axis Turn 71.jpg
Picture 3
Begin of Axis Turn 71.jpg (73.76 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Finnish give up.jpg
Picture 2
Finnish give up.jpg (24.73 KiB) Viewed 939 times
End of Axis Turn 70.jpg
Picture 1
End of Axis Turn 70.jpg (73.2 KiB) Viewed 939 times

_Augustus_
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Finnnish give up?

Post by _Augustus_ » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi,

From the GS 2.1 manual: "Finland will sign an armistice with Russia if 2+ cities in Finland / Estonia (Tallinn) are captured by the Allies and less than 6 Axis units are present in Finland."

From the GS 3.0 manual: 8. "Increased the number of rail depots / cities needed in Finland / Estonia from 2 to 3 so Finland would never ask for armistice unless Russian troops have captured at least one city / rail depot in core Finland. Change is done because rail depot of Tartu in Estonia was added before and number of cities was not increased because of the addition. This is now fixed."

Since you have clipped text on the pop-up window. Again from GS 3.0 manual:
2.3.5 Getting the Font Correct
If you see that your text messages on popup and other windows seems to be clipped off or a bit too large
- it is. It is likely your system does not have the correct font and has substituted another such as the font
called Impact. This font is a bit wider than then intended font Haettenschweiler. Haettenschweiler was
selected as the main font for CEaW (vanilla game) and it has not been altered.
Unfortunately, Haettenschweiler is no longer automatically installed in Windows and MAC. Instead the
font is installed if you have a Microsoft product like MS Office.
If you don't have MS Office, you can still get a nicer looking text if you install Haettenschweiler. E. g. you
won't see the text in dialog boxes being clipped or long texts truncated.
You can download Haettenschweiler here:
http://www.newfonts.net/index.php?pa=show_font&id=105

Hopefully that helps.

Kragdob
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kragdob » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:51 pm

You left all (but one?) units from Finland and Soviets had 2 cities/rail depots in Estonia so Soviets surrendered. In 3.0 This limit was increased to 3 to prevent this.
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.

Dilbert

Post by Dilbert » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Thanks a lot for the info, I was not aware of this rule. Now it is clear why my Finnish give up.

I will also try to adjust text font as suggested, but I am a bit surprised, since MS Office is installed on my PC.....

About GS 3.0, do you have the link to download this version and relevant manuals?

Thanks again

_Augustus_

Post by _Augustus_ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:21 am

Maybe you found this already, but here goes nevertheless. Alec provided link to the GS 3.0 manual on this thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=44171 . The actual update to GS 3.0 is not out yet.

Cheers

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”