Windowed mode

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

bushybonbon
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Windowed mode

Post by bushybonbon » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Is there any way to get Commander(I'm running GS v3.10) to retain/honor the setting of windowed mode? Everytime I start up the game with a second monitor it's extremely skewed with a lot of the text shifted (which makes reading the first series of reports impossible!) and can we get a real windowed mode - where we can move the window around and *not* have it locked to the upper left corner of our screens?

I've tried modifying the various settings files that contain "WINDOWED_MODE " but to no avail as the game always starts in fullscreen.

Thanks!

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Windowed mode

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:56 pm

The game is created with Java quite a few years ago. The game engine has some limitations to scale, windowed mode etc. I always run in full screen. In windowed mode it doesn't look well at all. To fix that you need to change the game engine. We can expect that if CEAW 2 is ever made. :)

When it comes to game text you need to have the font Haettenschweiler installed. I think it comes if Microsoft Office. If you don't use Office then you can find the font on the internet and download it. It was chosen in the vanilla game and we haven't altered the font in GS. We tried to have a look at it, but found that any font we tried would offset a lot of info on the map. So it would be a lot of work to get it working 100%. I think Haettenschweiler was chosen because it's very compressed, meaning you can type more characters in city names etc. before clogging up other cities.

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”