Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post Reply
s_Levi
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by s_Levi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:26 pm

I could not find a word to describe my feeling to the game.... Anyway, it made me start to wonder whats next...

Personally I would like to see Operation Overlord, nevertheless, I feel Operation Market Garden would be more closer to current machanism. Rivers and traffic matters in Battle of Bulge remind me the airborne assaults toward bridges as well as the hells high way. Operation Market Garden will be a "pre episode" of Battle of Bulge what we have now. Plus, the defender and attacker switch sides in the battle.

Just a brainstrom idea to express my exciting mood.

Cheers
Levi

Atmoosh
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 am

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by Atmoosh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:15 am

I second this idea. Gaming Market Garden is one of my favorite past times.

Antonio

mikus42
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by mikus42 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:06 am

Normandy! Breakout Normandy (Avalon Hill) is just the impulse game system BEGGING to be be streamlined and brought to the iPad!

I highly recommend Hasting's Overlord book on the campaign:

http://www.amazon.com/Overlord-Battle-N ... s=Hastings

Evzone
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by Evzone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 pm

I thought the exactly the same thing, market garden would be ideal for the series....over to you chaps!

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15412
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by zakblood » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Operation Market Garden is my favourite battle and time period to play in, so i'm all ears if something new is coming for it, have collected all games on most formats for this battle from the old 48k spectrum version on dos to the present day :roll: :wink:

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15412
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by zakblood » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:49 am

i'd love to help out on this one, more out of a passion than a hobby, take me back to being a 12 year old again, fond memories :wink:

Huragan
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by Huragan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:34 pm

There is no less than 5 threads (I have not finished going through the entire forum before I've reached this thread) in just the Shenandoah forum that mention a wish list for the next title.... I believe the problem could be solved if just one of them was started by an actual Shenandoah or Slitherine representative...

My vote is certainly for Market Garden, but would be happy with Stalingrad or Velikiye Luki (it's smaller cousin :D )

mboog12
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by mboog12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:29 am

For the time being there are no new Crisis in Command games planned.
We're focusing on:
1. finishing Gettysburg
2. updating DoM, Bulge and bringing them to as many platforms as possible

Once that's done we will give it a serious thought what to do next, be it a CiC game or something else.

sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by sa_gibson » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:05 am

When Slitherine bought Shenandoah, there was already a Market Garden game in development. I know because I did initial play testing on it using Vassal. So the game design is there, ready for development, if you got Shenandoah's intellectual property.

You really have to ask why Slitherine bought Shenandoah, a company focused on bringing traditional board strategy war-games to the iOS platform. What part of that was attractive to Slitherine?

JagdTiger700
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:26 am

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by JagdTiger700 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Overloon should be included in there as well atleast as a scenario.

JagdTiger700
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:26 am

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by JagdTiger700 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:28 pm

zakblood_slith wrote:Operation Market Garden is my favourite battle and time period to play in, so i'm all ears if something new is coming for it, have collected all games on most formats for this battle from the old 48k spectrum version on dos to the present day :roll: :wink:

That was on the Sinclair system?

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15412
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by zakblood » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:38 pm

yes

ringoblood
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by ringoblood » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:02 am

Market Garden would be my vote as well.

Patrick Ward
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by Patrick Ward » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 pm

sa_gibson wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:05 am
When Slitherine bought Shenandoah, there was already a Market Garden game in development. I know because I did initial play testing on it using Vassal. So the game design is there, ready for development, if you got Shenandoah's intellectual property.

You really have to ask why Slitherine bought Shenandoah, a company focused on bringing traditional board strategy war-games to the iOS platform. What part of that was attractive to Slitherine?
Playtesting on Vassal? Were you part of our original testing crew? I don't remember alot of the names but some of the guys were awesome and were a huge help.
............................

Pat a Pixel Pusher

............................

sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by sa_gibson » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Patrick Ward wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 pm
sa_gibson wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:05 am
When Slitherine bought Shenandoah, there was already a Market Garden game in development. I know because I did initial play testing on it using Vassal. So the game design is there, ready for development, if you got Shenandoah's intellectual property.

You really have to ask why Slitherine bought Shenandoah, a company focused on bringing traditional board strategy war-games to the iOS platform. What part of that was attractive to Slitherine?
Playtesting on Vassal? Were you part of our original testing crew? I don't remember alot of the names but some of the guys were awesome and were a huge help.
I did app testing on Desert Fox. Then was play-testing the Market Garden game on Vassal with Dave Hoeft. The two of us played out a number of games and passed comments back. It looked like a promising game, and then Shenandoah went dark.

Patrick Ward
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by Patrick Ward » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:40 am

sa_gibson wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 pm
Patrick Ward wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 pm
sa_gibson wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:05 am
When Slitherine bought Shenandoah, there was already a Market Garden game in development. I know because I did initial play testing on it using Vassal. So the game design is there, ready for development, if you got Shenandoah's intellectual property.

You really have to ask why Slitherine bought Shenandoah, a company focused on bringing traditional board strategy war-games to the iOS platform. What part of that was attractive to Slitherine?
Playtesting on Vassal? Were you part of our original testing crew? I don't remember alot of the names but some of the guys were awesome and were a huge help.
I did app testing on Desert Fox. Then was play-testing the Market Garden game on Vassal with Dave Hoeft. The two of us played out a number of games and passed comments back. It looked like a promising game, and then Shenandoah went dark.
Ah I remember Dave Hoeft and yourself sending us feedback though Basecamp.
'went dark' is how it seemed from the inside too. I'd taken my first holiday in 4 years, in a tent. When I left it was looking ok. Arnhem art was mostly done, Gettysburg was progressing nicely. After a few days I went to a pub with wifi to check in and couldn't contact anyone. Eventually got through to Craig who said I needed to phone Nick. And that was it. Managed to talk to Eric and Nick a few of times after that for the legal ramifications but everyone else all but vanished. Spent the rest of the holiday trying to avoid telling my wife and son then back home to figure out how to pay the mortgage. But that was just me. We had 11 staff, some of whom had moved house, some just become parents .. all really tallented and extremely dedicated .. it was awful. I've since heard that they all went on to other things and are ok.
............................

Pat a Pixel Pusher

............................

sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Next: Operation Market Garden will be a promising one!

Post by sa_gibson » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:07 am

Glad to hear that everyone came out of it ok. It was a great team and you guys made great games. I really enjoyed being able to work with all of you.

Post Reply

Return to “Shenandoah General Discussion Forum”